jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe that songs/movies 10 years ago were far more better from now? an

1. saifhayel profile image80
    saifhayelposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that songs/movies 10 years ago were far more better from now?  and why?

2. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

In my opinion, it is pretty hard to find songs or movies that are worse than they were 10 years ago in 2004. Society became more cynical and introspective after 2004 and the low art forms (film and songs) reflected that cynicism. As a result, films in 2014 are certainly a little more cerebral than they were in 2004. In my mind, this makes them better. Certain political realities that emerged in the middle of the previous decade gave rise to a number of influential documentaries that have affected some people's lives and informed many more. Another difference between 2014 and 2004 is that independent films and songs are now more accessible to the public through online streaming companies. This has caused a surge in indie film and indie music and we are treated to some more-pure (sometimes good, sometimes bad) art forms that are less commercialized.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Not really. Every era produces some good/great movies and a lot of stinkers too. When you get right down to it movies, books, and music are like beauty. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

"I used to be 'with it' -- and then they changed what 'it' was! Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weeeeiiiiird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too!" -- Grampa Simpson

5. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 3 years ago

i think you have to go back even further really. like pre 90's for the most part. once music became digital and any could make even the worst musicians sound good, it no longer required talent or hard work. honestly other than looks, i dont know what makes todays artist famous. the muic is terrible. there are still a lot of good movies however. i think a lot of them depend way too much on CGI, and the story and acting gets forgotten. but not all the time.

1. saifhayel profile image80
      saifhayelposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more, it's all about computers

working