What genre of music do you listen to?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)
  1. The Examiner-1 profile image71
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

What genre of music do you listen to?

I wondered what genre was listened to, and why. Perhaps the favorite radio station could not be found, or tuned in for some reason. All that I can get in my area are country radio stations. I cannot get it on TV, can you?

2. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 4 years ago

I listen to all types of music genres, such as rock, rap, and country. Each music genre has their own unique sound, beat, and lyrics. Our cable provider has music channels that play a variety of music, like seasonal music and even music for children.

The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I used to get the TV music channels only now I cannot afford them.

3. rosevillaruz profile image81
    rosevillaruzposted 4 years ago

80's new wave, jazz, slow rock..  Fra Lippo Lippi, Spandau Ballet, Earl Klugh, David Benoit etc. these type of music, the artist, melody, awakens my senses and sensibility

Jazz and 80's new wave are okay with me but I cannot get into rock.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Mostly Hard rock/heavy metal (1970s-80s-90s) with a bit of punk/alternative here and there. Basically I enjoy stuff with a decent guitar riff and an attitude.

None of that stuff for me please. I go for the more mellow music.

5. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 4 years ago

Some of the bands I have on my pandora are: coldplay, u2, the beatles, green day, aerosmith, queen, travis, muse, led zeppelin, the killers, ben folds, and lots more.

They do not sound like my types Snowman.

6. jhamann profile image93
    jhamannposted 4 years ago

I love so many varieties of music, but I think I would have to say I have a passion for Jazz and Baroque Classical.

I like some classical and certain types of jazz.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Most people have a fondness for the music they grew up listening to. In my case it would be late 60s, 70s, and some 80s (Soul, R&B, Motown and some Smooth Jazz artists) in addition to The Beatles, Elton John, David Bowie, and The Rolling Stones in their "hey day".
    A lot of cable providers provide numerous music channels. iheart.com (iheartradio) allows you to pick and choose which radio stations genre of music you want to listen through your computer or cell phone. You may also use Pandora which is a free personalized internet radio. Simply enter a favorite artist, track, or genre, and Pandora will create a personalized station that plays their music and more like it.
    I have most of my favorite songs loaded onto my laptop and iPod from my personal CD collection. I'm also outside of Chicago and have many radio stations to choose from.

I agree with that and I like those years plus the 50's. I used to get music on my cable.

8. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 4 years ago

I love music and listen to a little bit of most everything. My favorite genre is rock but pop, alternative, and even new age (for relaxation) is on my playlist.

Sometimes I listen to pop alternative and New Age, as you said for relaxation - except pop.

9. Bruno Stacci profile image59
    Bruno Stacciposted 4 years ago

Anything from Doris Day through to Nine Inch Nails. Love a beautiful melody, can appreciate a great voice. Not beyond playing air guitar to a great riff, and I admire those who can come up with clever lyrics. My CD rack is next to my computer, the first five CD's are Beatles Abbey Road/ Steve Vai Passion & Warfare/ The Jam Beat Surrender/ Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze/ and Led Zep Vol 1. Of course with the arrival of things like Spotify, you find yourself building up a catalogue of tracks you had previously never heard of and would have little chance of ever discovering. At this moment in time I have over 37 hours of music on my Spotify wish list. A very diverse mix, such is the pleasure of music.

10. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 4 years ago

I love all music. I don't like a whole bunch of sad songs. I can get every music channel in my area, however when I lived in a remote area outside of Phx. I got talk radio and a whole bunch of static. It was very sad.

I am not into all of it. I cannot get into rock, hip-hop, and that stuff. There are all country stations, religious, talk stations, and one 50,s station that is static.

11. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i love singapore radio station 98.7 fm, a good station with lots of laughter when the DJs joke around and great hip hop songs

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)