jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the SCARIEST,MOST FRIGHTENING movie you have EVER seen?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is the SCARIEST,MOST FRIGHTENING movie you have EVER seen?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12165339_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

Alien, Aliens, and all the sequels. The original Alien was shown with the new special "sound system" and when the alien burst out of that guy's chest, I nearly had a heart attack.

3. Rhonda Lytle profile image73
    Rhonda Lytleposted 3 years ago

I've seen too many freaky fests to narrow it down to one but I will say after recently seeing "The Divide", I found it sick and disturbing beyond belief.  Seriously, this is the stuff nightmares are made of.  Being so not a spring chicken, I did not think any movie could rattle me so at my age but it really did. 

Having said that, back in the day, like the 70's, I saw the "Exorcist" as a child.  It gave me nightmares for years.  I won't watch it to this day and have serious issues with my own parents having let me watch it back then.

Lastly, Penthouse's "Caligula" is also one I would have to list on the most sick and disturbing of all time list right along with "House of a 1000 corpses" "The Devil's Rejects" and "A Clockwork Orange."  Ironically every psych class I ever took required us to watch "A Clockwork Orange."

4. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 3 years ago

For me, it was Paranormal Activity. I won't watch Paranormal Activity 2. Under the "Most Alarming" movies, I would go with "Seeds of Death" - A movie about Genetically Modified Food.

5. profile image0
    Hoodabbasposted 3 years ago

For me, the most frightening and the scariest movie I ever watched would be Sinister.
    Technically speaking, The Conjuring, Paranormal Activity and Insidious are also as scary as Sinister.
    However. when I started watching Sinister I did not have slightest clue that it was a horror  movie. It was among a lot of movies that a friend let me borrow (I watched the blu-ray, not on-screen), and before watching it I did an IMDb search. It was listed under Horror|Mystery|Thriller, and yet I expected it to be more of a mystery thriller than horror. I only interpreted that horror as just some hardcore action.
    The summary went on as this; "A true-crime writer finds a cache of 8mm home movies films that suggest the murder he is currently researching is the work of a serial killer whose career dates back to the 1960s."
    There. I decided it was a crime solving mystery movie, the type of one I absolutely love to watch. So I went on to watch it and it seems to be what I expected for the first half an hour or so. But then the supernatural stuff started and I knew just what it meant by horror.
    Thus Sinister is to-date the movie that frightened me most, because as said above, I was not at all expecting a horror movie.

6. profile image0
    Miran Shuletaposted 3 years ago

The Exorcist was the first ever horror movie I had seen, it literally scared the crap out of me that I stayed away from scary movies for quite a while

working