jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Which one is a Tom Hanks' greatest movie, Forrest Gump, Cast Away or Philadelphi

1. sandeep15r profile image80
    sandeep15rposted 2 years ago

Which one is a Tom Hanks' greatest movie, Forrest Gump, Cast Away or Philadelphia?

Tom Hanks needs no introduction. He bagged two Oscars, and all of his movies are praised for his superb acting. Which movie do you like the most  Forrest Gump, Cast Away or Philadelphia? He got Oscars for Forrest Gump and Philadelphia, but missed for Cast Away.

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

cast away, that was a fabulous heart warming story I had ever watched. Very touching. I can't imagine living alone

3. sandeep15r profile image80
    sandeep15rposted 2 years ago

He did a great job in this movie. It is my favorite.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

I love a little-known comedy named "Punchline" with Sally Field.  Great movie and great performances!

5. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

Forrest Gump, without a doubt.  That was an awesome movie.  I hated Cast Away.  It was so depressing.  I have never seen Philadelphia, but heard it was good.

6. lisavanvorst profile image75
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

Forest Gump. I have watched that movie at least ten times.

7. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

Thanks for this fun question which reminded me that years ago, I actually wrote a sort of philosophical essay on Cast Away. I think I'll throw that essay up on hubpages. It's just sitting around doing nothing.  So thank you, Sandeep. (By the way, does anyone else have trouble remembering the title of that movie? I always have to scramble for in the cobwebs of my mind and go through a myriad of mental machinations before it comes to me.)  I do love the rom-com movies with Tom Hanks with Meg Ryan, (You've Got Mail),  but Cast Away must have been very difficult to play as an actor - a great challenge.  I am the only person in the world, I think, who actually hated Forest Gump.  Having worked with students with special challenges, I saw it as an over-the-top mixed-up mish-mash of nothingness. (mea culpa)
    Actually Tom Hanks' name comes up quite often on our local NPR station kpcc because he is always contributing during their fund drives with challenges for matching dollars - a very generous soul, it seems.

8. Md Shahril profile image60
    Md Shahrilposted 2 years ago

Thank you for the question Sandeep.

Of the 3, my vote would be Forrest Gump.

I am not really a fan of Tom Hanks but I signed-up as one after watching Forrest Gump. It was a mammoth task to play that role. And, I cannot imagine any other actor playing that role. Tom has made it exclusively his. As you mentioned, a superb performance.

That movie has got all the emotional elements which can make you laugh, angry and cry plus a great story altogether. And whenever I watch Tom Hanks even in his newer movies now, I remember Forrest Gump.

9. profile image0
    Jacobb9205posted 2 years ago

Forest gump is my favourite for sure just because of the line "Life is like a box of chocolates" it's only a short line, but it has a lot of meaning behind it.