This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you watched the movie "the Immitation Game"?

1. Lovely  C profile image73
    Lovely Cposted 2 years ago

Have you watched the movie "the Immitation Game"?

if yes ..what are your thoughts about it...

2. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12460682_f260.jpg

Indeed I have; I thought it portrayed the cracking of enigma by the scholarly team led by the somewhat pecular and Asperger's Syndrome-like Alan Turing, of Bletchley, quite authentically. Although I wasn't alive during the time period it seemed to be quite a significantly authentic portrayal. Indeed it was an interesting movie and important part of history... The focus of the cracking of the code in Hut 3 always has led me to ask my college students, what is half of (hut) 8? Is it (Hut) 3?

Lovely Cposted 2 years agoin reply to this

you got it ...it was my new favorite movie now...I mean the historical content of the story and the social issue it tackled are very significant...I wish he was honored what he deserved when he was still alive?

2. connorj profile image75
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, I agree...

3. Chance Harvey profile image60
    Chance Harveyposted 2 years ago

I watched it. I thought that it was a very good portrayal of the story although I think they took a few liberties on their retelling of the story to make it more easy to understand.

Lovely Cposted 2 years agoin reply to this

yes...i think the same way too..although for Allan Turing's biography there were more that needs to be tell..but in the movie it's understood that they had to omit some for it to fit for a movie length

4. Rchrdsnc profile image83
    Rchrdsncposted 2 years ago

I saw the film over the winter, trying to get ready for the awards.  As usual, the contenders kept it serious.

working