jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Which living celebrity do you think has the most integrity?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

Which living celebrity do you think has the most integrity?

Although we never really "know" people who are famous, we do form opinions of  them.  If you could choose one living celebrity as being a person who is honest, fair and has good values, who would you choose?  I can think of several, and if you can, too, go ahead and list them.  Please say why you feel this way.  I'm curious to see if the people I feel this way about are the same as yours!  They can be from any area.  Please leave politicos out of this one!!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12592490_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure, but I think celebrity integrity is probably an oxymoron.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why would you say that?  There are a number of celebrities who are good people and live clean lives or at least appear to be like that.

2. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's just it: being a celebrity is all about appearances, and not about reality. There's always stuff going on behind the scenes.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100

I'm not sure I agree with that.  Celebrities are human beings.  Perfect, no, but some are fine people.  Look at the work Angelina Jolie does, for example.

4. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say they don't do good work, or that they're not human. I just questioned whether one can be a celebrity, and still have integrity. When people pay you to shill products for them, or be "the face of", to me, that lacks integrity.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Last year a lot of people might have said Cosby

6. Quilligrapher profile image85
      Quilligrapherposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Ms. Lisa Vollrath says, "When people pay you to shill products for them, or be "the face of", to me, that lacks integrity."
      Therefore, every person who sells products or services to earn a living lacks integrity? I disagree.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

There must be some, but since I don't follow pop culture much, no one comes to mind.  I'd like to see your list.

I don't have a list, but Robert Redford, Audrey Hepburn,  George Clooney and a few others come to mind.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The original post said "living", so that eliminates a few of those mentioned. 
      Oprah and Ellen might be on the list.

4. Quilligrapher profile image85
    Quilligrapherposted 2 years ago

Walter Cronkite, who pioneered and then mastered the role of television news anchorman with such plain-spoken grace that he was called the most trusted man in America.
    Q.

5. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

I'd put Jimmy Fallon in this category, and the fact that he is so incredibly popular makes me feel very positive about our country.  Here is an open-minded, warm-hearted, extremely talented human being who appears to be centered, balanced, and humble. He's embraced because a good soul seems to shine through him. He brings out the good-nature in people. That to me is the basis for integrity.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 2 years agoin reply to this

smile

working