jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Star Trek question. Who would win in a war between the Borg and the Dominion?

1. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 2 years ago

Star Trek question. Who would win in a war between the Borg and the Dominion?

Here's another way to look at that question. Consider the film X-Men: Days of Future Past. Dr. Trask, we are told, got some of the shape-shifter Mystique's DNA. This DNA was incorporated into the mutant-hunting Sentinels, making them infinitely adaptable to the powers of any mutant they might come up against. Remember, the rulers of the Dominion are Odo's people, shape-shifters. At the end of the day I guess what I'm asking is: Who would most likely end up cannibalizing whom, for their own advantage? Would the Borg do this to the shape-shifters first; or would the shape-shifters harvest first?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12910314_f260.jpg

2. Titen-Sxull profile image87
    Titen-Sxullposted 2 years ago

I'd say the Dominion. The Borg seem to mindlessly assimilate and don't usually have a clever strategy. The Dominion are slippery, hard to pin down, and smart. The Dominion could probably find a way to manipulate the Borg to their advantage, maybe even use the Borg to weaken the Alpha quadrant first and then move in and take over.

Can the Borg even assimilate a changeling?

1. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Since it is biological, yes.

2. wingedcentaur profile image84
      wingedcentaurposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Titen-Sxull! How's it going? Thanks for playing, by the way. I tend to agree with you. I would bet on the superior cunning of the shape-shifting Founders of the Dominion. But don't forget, the Borg are led by a very clever "Queen."

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

The Borg would likely win as long as the wormhole was open long enough for them to get through in masse.
    The Borg can assimilate the Dominion's warriors AND every species in its domain, thus adding to its knowledge base and numbers.
    If the Dominion can stop the first Borg coming in and close the wormhole that links it to the Alpha quadrant, then the Dominion is at least safe.

1. wingedcentaur profile image84
      wingedcentaurposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Tamara. Do you think the Borg could ever assimilate the changelings, similar to the way the Sentinels (on X-Men Days of Future Past) "assimilated" the shape-shifting abilities of Mystique? If so, wouldn't that be a game changer?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The Borg wanted to assimilate that species in fluidic space and thought it could, so yes, I think the changelings could be assimilated, too.
      Would it be a game changer, perhaps, unless changelings becoming inanimate killed the nanite.

working