jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

Is there going to be a 'holy' war between Muslims and the rest of the world?

1. Billrrrr profile image81
    Billrrrrposted 5 years ago

Is there going to be a 'holy' war between Muslims and the rest of the world?

Can the Muslim religion co-exist with the other religions?  Will there be a war between the groups.  If not a full scale conflict, will there be an undeclared, ongoing war?  Finally, can there ever be peace between the Muslims and the rest of the world?

2. Marcus Israel profile image61
    Marcus Israelposted 5 years ago

Depends on if you are a Christian and your interpretation of revelations.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

if the rest of the world does what they muslims want, bow to all their requests, let them decide how life should be lived , we will all get along.

4. CHRIS57 profile image61
    CHRIS57posted 5 years ago

"Mohammed is our prophet and the Koran is our constitution" i recently heard in a radio broadcast.
    Islam is not just a monotheist religion but is considered to be the blueprint for all worldly matters also. That was very practical in 600 AC, actually it was superior to the European leftovers of the Roman empire at that time. Many cultural steps forward of mankind resulted from this in the middle ages. Until today we write use arabic digits in our maths. It doesn´t take Sheherazade to understand this.
    However today this combination of religious and worldly ruleset is outdated. It can not stand up to the dynamics of western thinking or Asian pragmatism. In most islamic countries the Mullahs sit chair to chair with government, not to mention jurisdiction, which is replaced by the Sharia.
    So Islam will be permantly in a fight for surpremacy in worldly matters. You may call it a "holy" war, may be it is a war, at least there is little room for tolerance of other religious groups. 
    While secular (western) people take the separation of government and religion for granted, Muslims don´t understand why secular states would do any good. 
    Now, i believe that common sense thinking is developed evenly among humans and that includes Muslims. So they are always in a kind of shizophrene mood, understanding on one side that their worldly textbook (the Koran) is outdated while at the same time their religious textbook (the Koran) is full of wisdom.

1. larryprice5372 profile image70
      larryprice5372posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very true and well said.  I agree wholly!

2. violetheaven profile image60
      violetheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Please note *  Concerning Muhammad, according to some Islamic sects,  its actually been since around  570 CE (the year of His birth).  God being all knowing.  622-32 is when He moved from Mecca to Medina after the first portion of the visions.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

If our government says there is a Moslem Holy War, it must be true--right? If there is to be a holy way, I imagine it would happen in our own backyard first--between the radical Christians and the secular government. The US and the 3rd-world Middle Eastern nations are the only ones who still have monotheistic societies. I give these canonical God-based religions about 50 years of life before they are eradicated by science or war.

1. aethelthryth profile image92
      aethelthrythposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am Christian, and have found math and physics to be very supportive of what I believe.  But so far as I have noticed, US society in general is not monotheistic, or educated about science. And where are Christians today killing those who disagree?

6. violetheaven profile image60
    violetheavenposted 5 years ago

The us against them mentality is the underling force  behind this holy war culminating.

7. Mohammed Katz profile image72
    Mohammed Katzposted 5 years ago

As a person born and raised in Islam. I'd like to say that Islam at its true heart, is not a religion that promotes violence. Infact, contrary to western beliefs, it actually condemns it. All these protests and riots in the middle-east are most likely politically motivated and a true moslem would be against such. To answer your question, yes, my dear friend, Islam can co-exist with other religions and peace with the rest of the world is what all true moslems strive for.

8. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

I have a hard time imagining some young Indonesian kid growing up to kill a Uruguayan Catholic in the name of Allah, so not the *whole* of Islam and not the *whole* world. Basically, people in those sandy, hot places where the US came in and turned into a giant game of Counterstrike don't like us, and will kill us, and by us I mean US.

1. lostdogrwd profile image60
      lostdogrwdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

agree,

9. larryprice5372 profile image70
    larryprice5372posted 5 years ago

It's already been declared by them.  Have you not heard it and seen by thier actions, and words of there millions of clerics and extremists?

I personally believe we are in a Holy War now.  It will only take some type of outragious act by the extremist elements of Islam to bring a truely serious conflaguration.  I hope Iran does not produce a nuclear device and share small devices with the extremists they support worldwide.  That could be a real trigger even china and the UN cannot ignore.

1. violetheaven profile image60
      violetheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It may have been declared by some Islamic supremest but is it the real one?  Whether or not you consider it so will depend on your own spiritual/religious beliefs.

10. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Extremists on both sides of the religious divide have to keep their rhetoric on the boil or else they won't be able to keep their power bases. Incitement to violence is a crime in most western countries no matter the religion but radicals are radicals and there will be some who want blood. Why they want blood is a political question and will be better answered in 2-4 years time, when US and UK and coalition troops pull out of Afghanistan, and the Taliban make their (inevitable) comeback.

I'd like to think that a holy war is a thing of the past - and that only unholy wars like those in the Crusader's times took place - but it seems the warmongers are still sitting in high places, making us all tremble. It's about time these dysfunctional people took up gardening or working for charity instead of whipping up fervour amongst millions of ordinary folk.

Muslims do live alongside Christians, Atheists, Pagans, Nationalists, Greenies, AC/DC fans and Goths - but nobody notices peaceful co existence. The majority of all religious types only want peace and tolerance, a tiny few want the opposite.

11. NadeymahLecoronis profile image60
    NadeymahLecoronisposted 5 years ago

Hasn't there been an ongoing Holy War since there was written time? I think no matter what, there is always going to be religious conflict. Too many people have a hard time seeing eye to eye and being tolerant of others. There is a duality to everything... Religion certainly has it's duality... Peace and war, love and hate....

Well, I'll pray for you.  Sometimes a person has to protect themselves even if it's not a loving thing to do (Christian love and all that).  But, John Lennons way of wishing for a world with no conflict just won't protect  any of us from evil-doers.

2. NadeymahLecoronis profile image60
      NadeymahLecoronisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Power of positivity happens in numbers. One person could effect many to be as positive or negative as they are. Life is too short  to spend it living in darkess.

12. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 5 years ago

I always wonder that if the middle east didn't have oil would the rest of the world care.tell me how can there be peace when the rest of the world want what they got.

All of us must trade something for something.  Read the book called "The Prize" dealing with middle eastern oil.  The Nazi's would have taken it from them.  We helped them develop it and have shared our wealth with them only because it creates trade.

2. lostdogrwd profile image60
      lostdogrwdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

haven't read the book but, I agree with what you said Larryprice5372 ,it just wondering if there in a so called Muslim problem if they didn't have oil

13. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Majority of Muslims know that what their prophet would really want for their people is prosperity and peace. There are no Muslims and the rest of the world, there are only people and various groups of fanatics that are used by politicians to make troubles all around the world.

working