jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What is your favorite line from the movie "Cool Hand Luke"?

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

What is your favorite line from the movie "Cool Hand Luke"?

The other day I stumbled upon a script online from the movie "Cool Hand Luke" and I realized that there are so many great lines in that movie, other than the two most remembered lines we all know, and those are my favorites lines.  The writers were brilliant no doubt!  Thank you for sharing your favorite line.
    Photo from Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons "Cool Hand Luke"

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12971819_f260.jpg

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

"What we have here~~is a failure to communicate."
    This has to be my favorite line, Theresa, because after 48 years, it's the ONLY one I can remember!  Great movie.  I actually saw it in New Jersey, on the U.S. Army base Fort Dix while visiting my husband after his Basic Training. (June 1967 BC~~Before Children!!) Oh goodness....You really have me stretching my memory!!  Good exercise!  Have a peaceful week-end!  Paula

Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, Paula, that is indeed one of the two of my favorite lines I am referring to in my question. Wow, thank you for sharing about when you saw the movie! My dad was in the Army too. I'm happy to have stretched your memory.  Peace

2. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you kindly Miss Theresa.  I feel honored.  What we do not have here is a failure to communicate!!  LOL

3. Faith Reaper profile image87

You're most welcome, Paula. You added much interest in your answer by telling a little background of when you first saw the movie.  LOL ...No miscommunication at all!  I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

3. always exploring profile image84
    always exploringposted 2 years ago

Hi Theresa, I love this movie! my favorite line, " What we got here is a failure to communicate. " Yell Baby " Paul Newman. SIGH..

Hi Ruby, It is an awesome movie no doubt, and that line is great! Yes, big sigh ...Paul Newman. You know it, girl hahaha

4. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

"Yes sir, boss" is another. I use to mutter near a hush that at times in particular work situations with a little contempt hidden behind it.

Yes sir, Tim, Hahaha You are close to the other one I was thinking of, and I do that too at work except, " I got my mind right, Boss." Hahaha thank you for answering.

5. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

"I can eat 50 eggs."
    And, sure enough, he can!
    In addition to that one is the ever popular, "What we have here is a failure to communicate."
    The understatement of the century.

Hi Austinstar, Oh, you brought back that scene and just watching him and now thinking of him eating those 50 eggs makes my stomach so queasy. Can you even imagine? That last one seems to be the most memorable for most everyone.

6. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 2 years ago

Definitely "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

Hi Jill, yes, that seems to be the consensus here. In the script I found, there were so many great lines throughout the entire movie that I did not remember, besides this most favorite one here. Thank you for answering.

working