Your Favorite Movie Lines...

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (54 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

One of mine is the line by Azareal played by Jason Lee in the movie, Dogma, where who says, "I know how to make a HOLY bartender!" and then he shot up the bartender with holes. Holy bartender - brilliant.

1. RooBee profile image81
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a great one! I also like the line in the movie where the girl tells her Catholic friend "you people don't celebrate your faith, you mourn it."
      One of my faves has to be from Idle Hands: "Another otherwise disastrous day saved by marijuana." Guess you had to be there. wink

2. anjalichugh profile image69
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This might not be my favorite but I like it. From the movie 'Evan almighty' where Morgan Freeman interprets the word ARK (Noah's Ark)
      as 'one Act of Random Kindness' everyday. smile

2. onthewriteside profile image60
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

"I know what you're thinking...did he shoot 6 times or only 5.  In all the excitement, I'm not really sure myself.  But seeing as how this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself a question:  Do I feel lucky?  Well...do ya...punk?"

Oh, yeah.

3. meetbrandon profile image71
    meetbrandonposted 14 years ago

"Everyone knows I'm the Mary and you're the Rhoda."
    --Romy & Michele's High School Reunion

4. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

"Do or do not; there is no try"  Yoda

5. Capable Woman profile image60
    Capable Womanposted 14 years ago

"I'm a thief and a sh*tkicker...and I wanna be famous".

-Dawn Davenport (played by Divine) in Female Trouble.

6. Mrvoodoo profile image56
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

1. onthewriteside profile image60
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a classic!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It certainly is, I've even memorized this one, unfortunately the chance to casually slip it into a conversation has never arisen. smile

1. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Peter Lorre : You always have a smooth answer for everything"
          Humphrey Bogart : "What do you want me to do, learn to stutter?"

The Maltese Falcon

2. profile image0
          fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And who says you cant. I use cool movie lines in conversations all the time. Take for instance John Gotti's line played by Armand Assante, "Self esteem? Is basic you pick it up in the streets..." bring up a conversation, and I'll spit it right in your face. You can find a way to spit Jackson's line, too.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
            Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I'm not saying you can't, just that it's quite a long one, but I guess you could:

*Imagining* - Down the pub:

[My friend] - fancy another pint mate?

[me] - yeah, go on then.

[my friend] - packet of nuts?

[me] - The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of............

[my friend] - you alright mate?

[me] - yeah fine thanks, why?

[my friend] - well you just started quoting movie lines at me for no reason and completely out of context.

[me] - Did I?  sorry about that...

1. profile image0

well, there you have it. Lol.

2. RooBee profile image81

*said with Sam Jackson's booming voice* big_smile

7. profile image0

The very opening line in the movie In Bruges, where Colin Farrell says, "After I shot him, we got the instruction..." and Ralph Fiennes' voice cued in, "Get the f*@# out of London, you dumb f*@#s!" I love catchy openers like that.

8. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

"We're gonna need a bigger boat..."

9. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Okay, "Speak to the hand" is still the best one.  It applies for me in daily life!  lol (originally from Terminator)

10. Drew Breezzy profile image61
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

there is no crying in baseball! tom hanks

there was a quote The Legend of Zorro

something like - sometimes you love a person for who you want them to be not who they actually are

11. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

"Make my day"

12. apeksha profile image66
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

Ishq kya tumhare bap ne ijad kiya hain, I love my lallu I love u..

13. Princessa profile image83
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

"Frankly my dear l don't give a damn" and also from the same film and character "With enough courage, you can do without a reputation" and "My darling, you're such a child. You think that by saying, "I'm sorry," all the past can be corrected"

14. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

'I came across time for you.."

Reese to Sarah Connors, The Terminator tongue yeah, such a sappy Dame, lol lol

15. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 14 years ago

Sex Panther...60% of the time...it works every time.
                                         - Paul Rudd, Anchorman

16. Bob Cedar profile image59
    Bob Cedarposted 14 years ago

"Gaaaaaaaaaay" - Nick "Ed" Frost, Shaun of the Dead.

I like how during his last moment with his best friend before being left alone to keep the zombies from attacking his friends, right after his best friend tells him he loves him one last time, he finishes with a juvenile response. Classic!

I LOVE this movie!!!! Loves me some Shaun *pronouncing it like "Shorn" as if I were a Brit instead of an abrasive Yank* wink

17. kim kitchener profile image59
    kim kitchenerposted 14 years ago

Go ahead punk make my day.
    I say this everytime somebody goes to steal items from my shop

18. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

"I'll be back!"

"Good thinking 99." (though it was nto from a movie, strictly speaking)big_smile

19. profile image0

Al Pacino talking to Johnny Depp in the great movie Donnie Brasco - "No one can touch you. Jesus Christ couldn't touch you." and the low music score when he said it. That stuff killed me.

20. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

"What's the matter, Danny? Never taken a shortcut before?"  Sgt. Nicolas Angel in Hot Fuzz (Nick Frost and Simon Pegg again!)

21. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove as he rides the bomb down toward its target:  'YEEE-HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

22. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Yo! Sugar Lips.

Sleeping with the Enemy
    He says something like: Its either we're honest in this relationship or it stops right here.

She says: It never started.

T2: Asta lavista, Baby. (Arnie)

MI2: I will not lose you.  (Tom says, before he jumps out of the window to find the remedy for the poison she injected herself with)

Mrs Doubtfire: When the boy finds out the babysitter is a man. He runs out in a panic and says “She’s a he,  He’s a she”.  smile

1. profile image0

Nice one there, Honey pie. Missed you around here.

23. anime_nanet profile image60
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."

Try to guess the source smile

1. profile image0

Blade Runner.

1. anime_nanet profile image60
        anime_nanetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Correct! My favorite movie too smile

24. maven101 profile image70
    maven101posted 14 years ago

" What do you want, Goldfinger..? You want me to talk.?"
    " No, Mr Bond, I want you to die.."

25. Mrvoodoo profile image56
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

1. spiderpam profile image73
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

another great one smile

26. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

From Casablanca:

Major Strasser: Are you one of those people who cannot imagine the Germans in their beloved Paris?
    Rick: It's not particularly my beloved Paris.
    Heinz: Can you imagine us in London?
    Rick: When you get there, ask me!
    Captain Renault: Hmmh! Diplomatist!
    Major Strasser: How about New York?
    Rick: Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade.

Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?
    Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
    Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
    Rick: I was misinformed.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
    Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
    [a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
    Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
    Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
    [aloud]
    Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

27. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be? "

28. spiderpam profile image73
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"  -Moulin Rouge

29. spiderpam profile image73

"Moses's God is God" The Ten Commandments

30. spiderpam profile image73

"And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee, power hath decended forth from thy hand,
    that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
    so we shall flow a river forth to thee,
    and teaming with souls shall it ever be.
    in nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti" -- the boondock saints

31. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

The Godfather, after Rocco shoots Paulie dead and Clemenza turns to him and says...

"Leave the gun.  Take the cannoli."

32. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Make my day - Punk !

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:_mPdAO_RmlBX4M:http://api.ning.com/files/yW5wTcWYE7lL*m2zRm-lpXOaQeALiKAUXes8gnTkrH24k0t0EhKsotdWMD5jgz3vX9KmL2uKXm3cx*CNVBbRfngsukuVPANR/ClintEastwood.jpg

smile

1. curiozities profile image61
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea thats it lol

1. curiozities profile image61
          curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The "feeling lucky, punk" quote came from the first Dirty Harry  movie.  The "Make my day" quote came from what I believe was the last of the Dirty Harry movies, Sudden Impact.

1. Woodrow profile image58
            Woodrowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Country for Old Men

Wendell: You think this boy Moss has got any notion of the sorts of sons of bitches that're huntin' him?
            Ed Tom Bell: I don't know, he ought to. He's seen the same things I've seen, and it's certainly made an impression on me.

33. curiozities profile image61

Favorite movie lines by Charlton Heston:

"Get your filthy paws off me, you damned, dirty ape!"

"Soylent green is made out of people!  It's people!"

I have more but these are just sticking in my mind right now.

34. curiozities profile image61

Star Wars favorites:

"Mos Eisley.  You'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

"If you strike me down I shall only become stronger than you can ever imagine."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

"We seem to be made to suffer.  It's our lot in life."

"Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

35. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

In James Cameron's film ALIENS when Newt fell down the air shaft.

"RIPLEY............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)