jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

What is your thought in White people playing Asian in US remake Kongfu genra?

1. profile image61
    peter565posted 23 months ago

What is your thought in White people playing Asian in US remake Kongfu genra?

Despite over exaggerate martial arts, Crouching tiger hidden dragon is a big hit in the US. But because the actors must be Asian and need to speak Mandarin, Hollywood only made one movie of such. But it is common for Hollywood to play non English nationalist and speak English in the movie. In recent years, Asia is getting tire of the Kongfu genera, because of unreleastic martial arts, but Americans love it, so, what if we get white actors, dye their hair to Asian color and play Asian and speak English in the movie, but we use Asian director and film crew, so it would be the same thing?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13020927_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months ago

I never like the Kung Fu movies of the 70s, and today they are even worse in general with their wired acrobatics.

Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee, have done very well in American Movies. They are most realistic, and more entertaining.

I haven't seen, nor will I ever see Crouching Tiger. I guess I am one of the Americans that doesn't like the unrealistic martial arts.

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Most young Asians today, don't like unreleastic martial art too and prefer Bruce Lee and Jet Li who are more releastic. The unreleastic Kongfu genera is slowly dying in Asia, but most Americans love it, probably because it is new.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Peter
      These Americans must be the newbies that like special FX. Then again today, Marvel comics is all over the place. Go figure.

3. profile image61

Already got idea for a US Kongfu remake, wikipedia plot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Retur … dor_Heroes staring chris hemsworth(Yang Guo) Isabel Lucas(Xiaolongn├╝) Hugh Jackman(Guo Jing) isla fisher(Huang Rong)

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Peter
      I like the new TV show Rush Hour, it has realism because people can really do those climbing feats. BTW, the TV show Vanishing Son was also a good one, with Asian stars.

5. profile image61

I know, I prefer the Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee version of Kong fu, because it is real, I also like Chuck Norris, despite he is white, he might be white, but he still play the Kong Fu genera, very well.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Remember that the kids of this century like Ninja Turtles, and Transformers. Cartoons don't have to be real?

7. profile image61

I know but how well Crouching Tiger hidden dragon did in hollywood,we know it do well in US. It benefit both Asia and US TV industry, because only Asia know how to make it and US TV have international distribution an alliance will benefit both.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

It is incredibly tacky - and short sighted. There are many skilled Asian actors in Hollywood AND Asia.

1. profile image61

Can u expand a bit so we know what u mean by it? smile

working