jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why all the Profanity in Music lyrics ?

1. Atcelle profile image51
    Atcelleposted 23 months ago

Why all the Profanity in Music lyrics ?

Why do so many artiste feel the need or have to put Profanity in in nearly ever song?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13033801_f260.jpg

2. MarieLB profile image82
    MarieLBposted 23 months ago

When I hear anyone I know use any such words, I often laugh and say that they need a Thesaurus.  I may use a joke to bring them back to rights, but actually I think many use it when they either do not have the vocabulary to describe something well, or they are too lazy to search for the right words.

In the past it would not have been accepted but now most youngsters use profanities regularly, so the songwriters know they are free to do so too, and after all they only need to please those who will buy their music.

Atcelleposted 23 months agoin reply to this

MarieLB , I understand what you are saying but is it right this new profanity of way? Is this how we as parents will let the ignorance of the ignorant educate our children with these uncouth music of songs?

3. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 23 months ago

I totally agree with MarieLB. Musicians cater to their followers. If that is what the people who buy their music want to hear/the way the talk, then that's the kind of music they will produce.

Kevin W  But what are they producing please tell me this, calling women the b or W word and hearing the body parts recap is this really music or just the ignorance of beings? It's useless not wise and the behavior pattern of the artiste is sickening.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image90
      Alphadogg16posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Marcelle I completely agree, the music is ignorant and a bunch of crap. However, this younger, uneducated generation apparently think it's cool and tend to glorify it.

3. Atcelle profile image51

Kevin W I Thank You for being conscious and understanding of this wayward meaningless trend, the individuals of youth and other needs to see that it's nothing to glorify as all it's doing to them is Nullifying their true existance of being life ways.

4. Matthew Woolsey profile image69
    Matthew Woolseyposted 22 months ago

curse words are a way to make  a point or a message more aggressive.
    For instance not a song but kind of the same thing,
    Say a man walks up to you house and is trying to sell you all kinds of stuff and you say " please go away sir I'm not interested" he may try to continue his progress. But if you Say "I'm Not F%^&ing interested Got The F^%k away" he gets the picture instantly. Having said that I too think there is to much in todays music. So I listen to older music all the way back to classical.

Atcelleposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Matthew Woolsey Wow! Some extreme point you have there hmm! Why aggression? I'm not the aggressive type and individuals need to understand that with aggression comes hated madness and other unedified culture of ways no wonder there is so much madness

working