jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you like owning movies and music, or do you prefer relying on Netflix and Spo

1. Alessio Ganci profile image84
    Alessio Ganciposted 19 months ago

Do you like owning movies and music, or do you prefer relying on Netflix and Spotify?

Having your movies and your music, paying for them one time, or accessing all the music and movies of the world, without owning them, and by paying a monthly fee?

Do you like the freedom of enjoying your limited library of media, or do you prefer being tied to a monthly fee and having access to virtually all the media exist in the world?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12601146_f260.jpg

2. nnms profile image81
    nnmsposted 19 months ago

I like to own movies in original to play at home.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 19 months ago

I'm fine with using Spotify and Netflix.  Having my own stuff just takes up space (physical or data).  I'd spend more than my monthly fees if I wanted to buy everything that I watch/listen to anyway.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 19 months ago

I have been collecting music CDs for more than 20 years - it's my "thing." My collection just recently hit the one-thousand mark. 

I love movies as well, but I never got into the habit of buying DVDs big time the way I did with music. I do occasionally pick DVDs up if I find them cheap at yard sales or thrift shops but I don't consider myself a movie "collector." Unlike music CDs, which I can listen to over and over, I'm not in the habit of watching the same movies again and again... so unless it's an old favorite that I know has replay value over time, most movies are a one-shot deal for me.

So I'll keep collecting CDs, but thanks to my accounts on Netflix, Amazon Prime streaming and a play list of full-length movies on YouTube, I already have more movies lined up than I'll ever be able to watch in my lifetime and they don't take up any shelf space!.

5. DH Reviews profile image52
    DH Reviewsposted 17 months ago

I like to stream. I also like to listen to the radio.

working