jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Taylor Swift An Artificially Created And Highly Overrated Singer?

1. PhoenixV profile image79
    PhoenixVposted 18 months ago

Is Taylor Swift An Artificially Created And Highly Overrated Singer?

2. CaitBooth profile image91
    CaitBoothposted 18 months ago

I don't think Taylor was "artificially created". She rose to this level of fame through hard work and talent. Vocally she is about average and her dance skills are questionable, but she writes all of her own songs, people generally like, if not love, her music, and her transition from straight country to pop was seamless and incredible. She deserves everything she has now, and has rarely been into trouble media wise.

Sure there are better singers in the business, but her fans love how real the lyrics of her songs are and besides, she isn't a BAD singer. She works with what she has and deserves credit for that. People shouldn't believe everything the tabloids say or what is said on Twitter. Drama equals publicity stunt a lot of the time.

3. Johnny James A profile image79
    Johnny James Aposted 18 months ago

Taylor Swift is not overrated I think she is a hard working young woman who writes a lot of her own music and works diligently to put on a good show.  Yes, her vocal range is not as great as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, etc however, she writes songs which fit her range.  Sometimes song writers write a really good song which is out of their range, but she is good at staying in her.  It is hard to fake talent (Milli Vanilli aside).  What you do is take a concept, evaluate the talent and market it accordingly.  So if you have a guy who is really good looking, with a very small vocal range and little to no dancing skills, then you market the looks; write songs for his vocal range and make him a crooner who does not need to dance. The guy could still blow up and sell more records than a singer with more range, but it does not mean the other guy is not talented.  Just using his talent properly and marketed properly.

4. Alex Hunter profile image71
    Alex Hunterposted 18 months ago

It all depends on your tastes - if you don't like her you'd think 'what on Earth they've fount in her' and thousands of her fans would find hundreds of reasons to adore her like they do.

I also think her vocal talents are below average, songs are all the same and I wish I could unsee her dancing but that's life and we all love different things. Without a doubt, she's worked and earned everything she has now, let's just respect her for that.

working