jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Your most overrated and underrated singer?

1. TheHeavyReview profile image72
    TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years ago

Your most overrated and underrated singer?

Lots of singers are overrated to me, what about you?

As for underrated, it's all relative so I can't even answer that question myself.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The most overrated: Jennifer Lopez

The most underrated: Amy Lee  (Evanescence)

TheHeavyReviewposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Jennifer Lopez is extremely overrated.
      Despite Amy Lee's popularity, she is underrated compared to Lopez.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think so also.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Jennifer Lopez is OVERRATED not only as a singer but also as an "ACTRESS".

3. CMCastro profile image79
    CMCastroposted 5 years ago

The most overrated singer: Justin Beiber;  The most underrated singer: Carole King.

1. Rebecca2904 profile image78
      Rebecca2904posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Justin Bieber, I came here to say the exact same thing!

2. TheHeavyReview profile image72

Agreed on Bieber!  He's not that good. smile

4. tom_caton profile image80
    tom_catonposted 5 years ago

Chino Moreno - God he's awful live

Don't know about underrated, good singers I find tend to get the respect they deserve

1. Rebecca2904 profile image78
      Rebecca2904posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure about good singers getting the credit they deserve - they're are so many great singers out there who are virtually unheard of!

2. TheHeavyReview profile image72

I feel the same way about underrated singers (which is why I asked).  There are tons of singers that I like that aren't mainstream, but they do get a good bit of credit from their own fanbase.

5. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

Great question! I actually wrote a Hub recently about underrated singers, there are so many who don't get the credit they deserve!

The moment I saw your question my first thought was 'Justin Bieber', but since that's already been said I'll say the most overrated singer for me personally is... Katy Perry? I do actually like a couple of her songs, they're quite catchy, but in terms of quality of voice I think she's a bit lacking.
    Most underrated singer... check out a girl called Birdy, you can find her on youtube. She's just 16, but she has the most incredible voice - it's truly beautiful!

I completely agree, Katy Perry is not that good either.  Her and Bieber are definitely WAY overrated.
      Thanks for the suggestion! I already know of Birdy. She's got a brilliant voice, but the actual music isn't really my style. Definitely underrated.

2. tussin profile image59
      tussinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Katy Perry is more celebrity than artist.  I think she knows that without her stage persona and constant media appearances she would be a musical nonentity.  Still, I also like her "music."

6. wmgmetalchris profile image61
    wmgmetalchrisposted 5 years ago

Over: Robert Plant (have you heard ANY live Zep?)

Under: Peter Steele (R.I.P.)

I love Robert Plant on studio albums, but he is really bad live.

Peter Steele was one of the all-time great metal singers.  He's definitely one of my favorite singers, and Type O is one of my favorite bands.  Good call there.  His death was tragic.

7. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Most pop singers sound horrible live without all of the sound technology to prettify their voices.  But I respect the ones who can at least play instruments in spite of how bad their voices are, e.g. Justin Bieber.

8. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

I am an Amy Lee fan too. She is so talented and an accomplished pianist. An underrated male vocalist that I like is Edwin Mccain. Really good.  To me, by far, the most overrated is Taylor Swift. Sure, she's tall and cute but her singing is pathetic.

9. mtkomori profile image87
    mtkomoriposted 3 years ago

Most overrated...Britney Spears. Most underrated..hmmm...there are probably many, so I can`t pick one right off hand:-)

working