jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

What does this picture say to you?

1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image93
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 18 months ago

What does this picture say to you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13241865_f260.jpg

2. conrad-meyer profile image60
    conrad-meyerposted 18 months ago

It says to me...that the wolf is going down and the pigeon is staying up!hehe. Symbolically, I will say it refers to being determent and reaching for your goals/rewards in life on the positive side, on the other side, don't be too desperate, greedy and brave to reach for your dreams cos it can cause your downfall smile Interesting pic.

3. threekeys profile image82
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

Love this type of question.
    Here I see a German Shepherd dog together with a Eagle .

Symbolically it can mean three things to me. One meaning is that we have a symbolic representation of one's inner quest to match one's Will (the basic animal instinct) with our Ideals/Aspirations/higher mind (the Eagle that soars high in the sky). Secondly it can mean there is danger in taking high/big risks as we see as the dog plunges determindedly to get a hold of that elusive bird (risk). And lastly, the German Shepherd reminds me of the police as these animals are usually used by the police. Say the dog represents the police which is a symbol of formidable power.  The Eagle is much smaller in size and therefore in might. Subsequently, we see an example of  the imbalance of power we have between the civil military (the police symbolized by the German Shepherd) and the smaller civilians (eagle/bird).

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 18 months ago

Stay centered and focus on the goals you can achieve. Don't strive for the unreachable or it could lead to your downfall.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 18 months ago

It says to me that a Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner movie wouldn't be nearly as funny in live action as it is in cartoon form.

6. Margaridab profile image32
    Margaridabposted 18 months ago

This makes me think about the legend of Nazaré,  in Portugal. If you look at the various representations of the miracle you will find a similar rock.

1. threekeys profile image82
      threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Just googled it. Deep historical place with religious connections of old. And the town is also a top surfing city with up to 100' waves due to the nearby sea canyon. What a find!

7. bravewarrior profile image91
    bravewarriorposted 17 months ago

I think it symbolizes the connection between our earthly existence and peaceful eternity. The stretched dog/wolf can be interpreted as the span between each existence (life). The fact that he's in an upward posture can  symbolize humans striving upward and forward towards a goal. The dove facing the canine symbolizes cohabitation without fear. Or coming together for a common cause. Or simply being there for each other, no matter our differences.

The colors of the terrain below come together in a beautiful, cohesive, awe-inspiring formation. Something we humans can and should do.

I'm sure I could go on and on the more I "see" this shot. Thanks for tweaking my creativity and analysis skills, Gina!

1. bravewarrior profile image91
      bravewarriorposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for selecting mine as the best answer, Gina!

8. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 17 months ago

aHA! Gina....This is very much like one of those visuals we presented to our clients at the clinic, to help us determine from what point their immediate frame of mind was coming!!  LOL  OK, I'm game.
    Well, I can guarantee that I'm quite stable.  My immediate thought (which is clearly what we need to accept and refer to) when I looked at it, this picture flashed 2 words before my eyes....."Blind Ambition."  This in turn creates in my mind a series of questions to examine my own quest & ideals....

How can we guard against being so influenced and overwhelmed with a particular goal or intention, that we cast all care, caution & common sense to the wind?  Would proactive behavior not be the preferred manner to go after our aspirations, to insure successful destination?  so as not to injure or harm us ( or others) in any way, in the process............?
    Have I explained myself well enough, Gina?

9. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image93
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 16 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13311026_f260.jpg

Ok, everyone.  So many of you gave some great responses to the picture posted in the question above. I have posted a second picture to show what actually happens.
    What if I told you that the dog actually catches the bird and lands safely on the other side?  How would your responses have changed?
    Thoughts?

working