What does this picture say to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image93
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 22 months ago

What does this picture say to you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13241865_f260.jpg

2. conrad-meyer profile image60
    conrad-meyerposted 22 months ago

It says to me...that the wolf is going down and the pigeon is staying up!hehe. Symbolically, I will say it refers to being determent and reaching for your goals/rewards in life on the positive side, on the other side, don't be too desperate, greedy and brave to reach for your dreams cos it can cause your downfall smile Interesting pic.

3. threekeys profile image75
    threekeysposted 22 months ago

Love this type of question.
    Here I see a German Shepherd dog together with a Eagle .

Symbolically it can mean three things to me. One meaning is that we have a symbolic representation of one's inner quest to match one's Will (the basic animal instinct) with our Ideals/Aspirations/higher mind (the Eagle that soars high in the sky). Secondly it can mean there is danger in taking high/big risks as we see as the dog plunges determindedly to get a hold of that elusive bird (risk). And lastly, the German Shepherd reminds me of the police as these animals are usually used by the police. Say the dog represents the police which is a symbol of formidable power.  The Eagle is much smaller in size and therefore in might. Subsequently, we see an example of  the imbalance of power we have between the civil military (the police symbolized by the German Shepherd) and the smaller civilians (eagle/bird).

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 22 months ago

Stay centered and focus on the goals you can achieve. Don't strive for the unreachable or it could lead to your downfall.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

It says to me that a Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner movie wouldn't be nearly as funny in live action as it is in cartoon form.

6. Margaridab profile image37
    Margaridabposted 21 months ago

This makes me think about the legend of Nazaré,  in Portugal. If you look at the various representations of the miracle you will find a similar rock.

1. threekeys profile image75
      threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Just googled it. Deep historical place with religious connections of old. And the town is also a top surfing city with up to 100' waves due to the nearby sea canyon. What a find!

7. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 21 months ago

I think it symbolizes the connection between our earthly existence and peaceful eternity. The stretched dog/wolf can be interpreted as the span between each existence (life). The fact that he's in an upward posture can  symbolize humans striving upward and forward towards a goal. The dove facing the canine symbolizes cohabitation without fear. Or coming together for a common cause. Or simply being there for each other, no matter our differences.

The colors of the terrain below come together in a beautiful, cohesive, awe-inspiring formation. Something we humans can and should do.

I'm sure I could go on and on the more I "see" this shot. Thanks for tweaking my creativity and analysis skills, Gina!

1. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for selecting mine as the best answer, Gina!

8. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 21 months ago

aHA! Gina....This is very much like one of those visuals we presented to our clients at the clinic, to help us determine from what point their immediate frame of mind was coming!!  LOL  OK, I'm game.
    Well, I can guarantee that I'm quite stable.  My immediate thought (which is clearly what we need to accept and refer to) when I looked at it, this picture flashed 2 words before my eyes....."Blind Ambition."  This in turn creates in my mind a series of questions to examine my own quest & ideals....

How can we guard against being so influenced and overwhelmed with a particular goal or intention, that we cast all care, caution & common sense to the wind?  Would proactive behavior not be the preferred manner to go after our aspirations, to insure successful destination?  so as not to injure or harm us ( or others) in any way, in the process............?
    Have I explained myself well enough, Gina?

9. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image93
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 20 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13311026_f260.jpg

Ok, everyone.  So many of you gave some great responses to the picture posted in the question above. I have posted a second picture to show what actually happens.
    What if I told you that the dog actually catches the bird and lands safely on the other side?  How would your responses have changed?
    Thoughts?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)