jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the saddest movie you ever saw?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 17 months ago

What's the saddest movie you ever saw?

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 17 months ago

Hotel Rwanda its sad how humans take other lives based on opinion even children.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image83
    LoisRyan13903posted 17 months ago

The story about Jim Jones--Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones.  So sad to see so many wasted lives because they followed a cult leader

4. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 17 months ago

Are you the psychoanalysis for HP?

Well, I've NEVER ashamed to tell truth and don't have time to look up all the details but being a 66 year old Black woman, the "saddest movie I ever saw" was "I Passed for White!"

It's a story about a "light complected" Black girl whose mum was a maid for a white actress who also had a little girl about her age and was raised no differently!  As a teenager, she was very rebellious because she hated being Black, but when here mum died she "clung to the casket" realizing she had lost the best thing in life; "true love!" 

You must see to appreciate!  I can relate to her in the sense of being a "light skinned" Black because I was never accepted by either side; Whites or Blacks!  Whites because I had that "one drop" and Blacks because they perceived me as being "better than darker skins!"

OFF TOPIC:  When I was a child my father was a minister but didn't teach the "teachings of Paul" (aka "The Gospel of Christ") and during his "sermons," he would always verify with Scripture his teachings.  During the sermon he would ask the congregation to find the Scriptures in the Bible and I would literally "race" to find them so I could read aloud!  Little did I know GOD was preparing me for teaching as well. 

Being a "light skinned Black" prepared me for "rejection" and being a "preacher's kid" also prepared me with knowledge of the Scriptures! 

He looks from the "END" to the beginning; whereas we look from the beginning and "hope" for the "END!"

I love you!

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 17 months ago

Wow! That's a tough one. I've seen tons of movies!
    The first time I saw "Brian's Song" I thought that was sad. Years later I saw "The Champ" with John Voight and the scene with his son played by Rickey Schroder attempting to wake him up was very sad.
    However seeing "Million Dollar Baby" at a movie theatre was one of if not the saddest movie I've ever seen. (Directed by Clint Eastwood)
    It was basically a powerful "father/daughter" relationship. 
    I recall (everyone) in the theatre sitting through the end credits.