jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think of Guild acoustic guitars?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 15 months ago

What do you think of Guild acoustic guitars?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 15 months ago

Guild is a very solid brand of guitar with a long history. There are Guild guitars built in the USA, and then there are Guild guitars built in either China or Korea.

I promise you USA built Guild guitars are going to be every bit as good or possibly better than Gibson, Martin, Fender, etc. Guild is the equal of the best of US guitars.

The Asian made Guild guitars are also good, but won't be the equals of the US made ones. They will be very good value buy guitars though. The Asian guitar manufacturing business is huge, and even the cheapest ones are very good value for the bucks spent. Some Asian manufactured guitars are out and out terrific.

PhoenixVposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I've never played a guitar that had better action than a Guild. Tones or voice may be a slightly different story but the action is like silk.

3. ladyguitarpicker profile image75
    ladyguitarpickerposted 15 months ago

Guild acoustic guitars that are made in the USA are a great guitar. I stay away  away from China. The older guitars were the best ones, as they are more broke in.  Martin, Guild, Taylor, are all good solid top guitars that are made here.

I have taught many students that had a USA Guild guitars and they served the students need. I have played many of them and have never found one that was not built good. Most will have a very good sound.

PhoenixVposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I have been surprised at the quality of Taylors. Nice guitars for the price. If I remember correctly your favs are Martins. Theres a guitar store near me that specializes in Martins. Its wall to wall with them most about 5K to 7500 each all used.

working