jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If you could own any acoustic guitar - what would it be?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

If you could own any acoustic guitar - what would it be?

I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to acoustic guitars, and I'm pretty decided about just what I would own if I could own anything.

But I wonder what specific acoustic guitar others might want to own if they could just have any they wanted.

Please be certain that if you are a classical guitar person or a Flamenco guitar person - that I certainly want to hear your answers as well - as those are definitely acoustic guitars too.

2. Bozoplay profile image83
    Bozoplayposted 5 years ago

Never go wrong with a Martin D28. I kick myself for not buying a brand new one in the 70's for $300. I know they are worth considerably more today and the sound would be impressive since it had 50 years of aging as well.

3. vparker profile image61
    vparkerposted 5 years ago

I'm not big on acoustic guitars, but I would either get a Fender electric acoustic guitar or a Daisy electric acoustic guitar.

4. profile image0
    timmathisenposted 5 years ago

I agree about the Martin D-28 -- probably the best sounding acoustic I've heard.

@Bozoplay: $300 bucks in the '70s is pocket change when you consider inflation over the last 40 years.

"What cost $300 in 1970 would cost $1665.40 in 2010," according to a inflation calculator.

That's still a few grand less than what a new D-28 would go for nowadays

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Gibson, with the sunburst scratch plate.  Out of my league I have a Washburn, that I can no longer play since suffering a stroke last year.

6. Curiad profile image78
    Curiadposted 5 years ago

I have owned Gibsons, Takamines, Yamahas and a couple Seagull guitars, but if it was in my budget, I would own a Blueberry Guitar for sure.

7. The Frog Prince profile image77
    The Frog Princeposted 5 years ago

Since I've owned one for decades now it would be the one I still have.  An Ovation 12 string acoustic/electric.  What a wonderful sound it can produce.

The Frog

8. Brandon E Newman profile image70
    Brandon E Newmanposted 5 years ago

I'd like a Gibson dove. I have never played one but at $3,000- they have just got to be amazing. I had a Washburn D10 solid top, and I wish I knew who stole it- I would like to smash a Fender acoustic across his nose.

9. Joyus Crynoid profile image79
    Joyus Crynoidposted 5 years ago

I'm quite fond of my Loprinzi LM15, which is actually a hybrid because the neck was replaced with that of a Martin D18.  It's perfect for flatpicking, amazing tone.  If I had to buy another I'd probably try to get a vintage Martin, either D18 or D28.

10. profile image50
    guitartunershopposted 5 years ago

I have a Guild guitar that I just love. My first thought is that it would be really great to own a Santa Cruz. But I love my Guild that was bought when the Westerly RI factory was still here. I also have a Taylor 810 that I am extremely happy with. I guess I would go with a high end Guild if I could get 'any guitar that I wanted' . Thanks for this question.

11. rtburroughs2 profile image80
    rtburroughs2posted 5 years ago

One that could be certified as to belonging to Elvis, or Johnny Cash

12. justom profile image69
    justomposted 5 years ago

First off, you're a nut, period :-P I always liked the Gibson "Hummingbird" but what the hell do I know. WTS is the man when it comes to guitfiddles!!