What is your favorite Robert De Niro movie?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 16 months ago

What is your favorite Robert De Niro movie?

2. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 16 months ago

Oh my goodness!  Robert DeNiro??  He's like the god of Actors.  I've liked him in every one of his movies.  Since I admit I lean toward comedies, of course "Analyze This," is one.....I also saw an older movie with DeNiro and Sean Penn that made me laugh so hard, I nearly cried.  "We're No Angels"  If you've never seen that hilarious movie & you enjoy comedy, rent it sometime, or better yet, check with your local library & borrow it for free.  Since you're asking me for one favorite, I'd have to say Analyze this.

3. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 16 months ago

Not sure if you're looking for a leading role in a film, because I'd say the one I've got in mind had him as a supporting actor -  albeit a very significant support! 'The Untouchables' in which he played Al Capone to Kevin Costner's Eliot Ness. A brilliantly staged film full of memorable sequences.

First, there's the opening scene in which Capone holds court to journalists whilst having a shave in a barber's shop. Then the barber accidentally cuts him. Capone magnaminously forgives him after a moment of stunned silence, but the look of terror on the barber's face says it all about Capone's reputation!

Then there's the scene where there's a gathering of gangsters who are all supposed to be loyal to him, and DeNiro talks to them as he walks around the table with a baseball bat - no prizes for guessing what he eventually does with the bat! A great, shocking display of malevolence in a great film full of great performances besides DeNiro's.

working