jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Who is the best actor and why, Robert De niro or Al Pacino?

1. alfredfox profile image76
    alfredfoxposted 7 years ago

Who is the best actor and why, Robert De niro or Al Pacino?

2. Richard Craig profile image63
    Richard Craigposted 7 years ago

Al Pacino.  I don't think De Nero could do Scarface.

3. David 470 profile image83
    David 470posted 7 years ago

Al pacino would be my favored, but Robert De niro is still good. He can pull off comedy too. Al Pacino played scar face very well and I do not think Robert De Niro would of played him quite as good.

4. Traqqer profile image68
    Traqqerposted 7 years ago

I'd say Al Pacino. While both are good, Pacino seems to have a little more range.

5. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

They're both great actors and legends. But I agree with David 470, Richard Craig, and Tragger. Pacino seems to have slightly more range. They both play both good guys and bad guys; but Pacino does "good" guy a little better than De Niro; and I can't imagine De Niro could have pulled off Michael Corleone or Scarface they way Al Pacino did.

I'd be interested to see how more people answer this question myself!

6. C.A. Johnson profile image70
    C.A. Johnsonposted 7 years ago

Pacino in his younger days, he's gotten creepy with age. DeNiro since he's gotten older, his roles have been more fitting and he has softened to become more flexible.

7. profile image0
    manumposted 7 years ago

Robert De niro is for flexible pondering and Al Pacino is more national manhood. I suppose the right role makes for a perfect actoring role. If you'd like to see both in the same movie, how about a title like "The Day The Son Became a Surgeon".

8. Canal_Digital profile image58
    Canal_Digitalposted 7 years ago

This is probably the ultimate question when it comes to great actors. Despite the fact that both of them are my personal favorites, Al Pacino is way better than Robert De Niro.
    The main reason for that according to me is that Pacino manages to make each of his roles so real that somewhere in the middle of the movie you wonder - Am I watching a movie or a real story?. This is what is the main difference between the best and the great actor.

working