jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has American mainstream news media become the laughing stock of the world?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 14 months ago

Has American mainstream news media become the laughing stock of the world?

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 14 months ago

If they haven't they should have.  They have truly lost their way.  Wouldn't it be great to have a news network that just reported news with no spin and was guaranteed to be the truth?

3. The0NatureBoy profile image53
    The0NatureBoyposted 14 months ago

I would say it has but I have not been keeping up with other nations' new so I am not at liberty to give an definite reply.

4. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 14 months ago

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could really blame a media source for giving us what we do not want. How sweet if we could say "they put up garbage that nobody wants to watch". But alas in order to sell and maintain ratings they give you the public what you want. Otherwise they would be bankrupt. Give the people the product they want and you will be a mega-billion company of a company of a company.
    Do people really think that the media gives them what they don't want to see?
    So in the 70's they gave us close up of hell in Vietnam. Mid 70's civil unrest. During that decade US peoples were disdained throughout Europe. Into our 5th equivalent of century past, are we disdained. Hell yes! But now the Europeans are watching the same news or reflections of it. About a full quarter of Americans hate America. Individual Americans are not moved by Media, but rather move it. So duh, the Euro folk is like the American folk. Hate that damned media but in essence support it.
    If a Euro dude laughs at American media they sure as hell should stop watching our subsidiaries in their own land.
    I have a right to laugh at our media -- I do not follow it, I am conservative in a liberal state, perhaps the most. and come from a state that is very conservative and have lived in four continents.
    We do not laugh at the media, but rather you numb-nuts that watch it.

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 14 months ago

I doubt it. More than most probably have no idea what our media is providing its audiences nor anything of our opinions of the media. They have their own problems to deal with.

working