jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think about Bill O'Reilly being fired from FOX

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 11 months ago

What do you think about Bill O'Reilly being fired from FOX

NEWS because of his history of unprofessionalism towards female colleagues?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 11 months ago

In the past paying $13 million to settle harassment claims versus the $400 million of ad revenues that was being paid by sponsors to advertise on his show was a no brainer.
    However when sponsors/advertisers pull out and hurt the bottom line of any company heads will roll!
    If the sponsors had stuck with the show he'd still have his job.
    The decision to let O'Reilly go was an {economic one} and not a (moral one). No one should be patting Fox News on the back or shedding tears for O'Reilly.
    Ultimately Bill O'Reilly is a multi-millionaire best selling author who is about to get a "golden parachute" to exit his current contract. Bill still has his "fan base" to sell books to.
    Another company will likely take a chance on him for the potential ratings alone. The rich get richer.
    He may opt to have his own syndicated talk radio show like Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh earned $79 Million in 2016!

3. Dean Traylor profile image95
    Dean Traylorposted 11 months ago

From some of my sources who work in media, many have expressed that he was a difficult person to work with. Also, outside the harassment charges, he was considered to be tyrant and really didn't have a lot of friends where he worked. It's safe to say that many that work behind the scene blew a sigh of relief when he was finally fired.  I think the event that led to his firing was --more or less -- a chance for Fox to terminate him.
    On a personal note, I didn't watch the show since he went off on a professor I had. He bullied the guy and basically blamed him for all the ills of the world without allowing him a chance to speak in his defense. Also he came off as smug and arrogant.
    Still, a memorable show was when he got punked by a couple of frat boys and never clued in that one of them was named I.P. Freely.

4. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 11 months ago

As I stated on a similar question asked by another hubber, this is nothing but the left taking out all influential and well-known conservatives in order to dominate the media and only give the "left" side of the news.  Who is next?  The left has no problem with their own ilk doing the same stuff.

1. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 11 months agoin reply to this

And you are from which planet?