Your Facebook Posts

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago

Got a good one? Post it here. I'll start.

(Side note. Please no FB posts that promote anything. If HP starts seeing that, HP's hatchet will no doubt come out.) This is supposed to be a fun, messing around, entertainment thread. It is also a noindex thread, so your FB gems shouldn't be affected).

------------------

The lizard basked on the rock. The snake slithered below.

They saw each other at the same instant. Stillness ensued…

The lizard climbed off the rock. The snake coiled.

More stillness…

The battle was joined. Snake teeth parts flew everywhere, as did many segments of the lizard’s tail. The desert sands turned red as the battle continued. Finally, stillness once again ruled.

The snake and the lizard eyed each other as they lay there still breathing.

A vulture landed. Two delicious meals he had.

And thus began another typical day in the life of American corporate office politics.

--------------------------

Happy Monday (03/05/2018)

1. RoadMonkey profile image87
      RoadMonkeyposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Loved that one. Could be a metaphor for many things in life!

paradigmsearchposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks! Alas, looks like no one else wants to share theirs. big_smile

Meanwhile, finally got around to making my FB post for today. It's a barn burner about Google. Not posting it here; I don't want the only shares on this thread to be just mine.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 months ago

Myself, earlier today:

"Hey, Facebook! This new 'Mention this post to a friend' feature that's suddenly showing up on everything I post or click on is f***ing annoying. Just sayin'."

Frankly, I find pretty much everything about Facebook f***ing annoying. lol

The people reached is also totally unsatisfactory. I'm going to keep making posts there for the month of March. Come April, if no improvement, FB is going the way of my exterminated Twitter account.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90

Today decided to post about depression. This was brought on by https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … ost3988405

Again won't post the actual FB post, too depressing.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90

Feeling cynical today.

Things that will happen when hell freezes over (partial list):

The Supreme Court, Congress, and the President become aware of the 10th amendment.

Cities, counties, and states become aware of the 4th, 5th, 8th, and 9th amendments.

You will have civil rights even when you don't have money.

5. paradigmsearch profile image90

FB continues to irritate me. A community webpage said to make a post, so I did. It showed up on my own page instead. Let's face it, FB and I just don't get along.

6. paradigmsearch profile image90

Meanwhile, my rousing post there for the day.

"I think I'll start moving my clocks ahead starting today (Friday)."

1. k@ri profile image89
      k@riposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Ugh, Is it that weekend?

Yep. Interesting how https://www.time.gov/ ranks #4 on Google. I guess the fix is in for the other three. I tell ya, the whole SERPS thing is a racket.

An update:

Well now, this explains a heck of a lot! Who knew? The whole thing really was and is a racket:
          https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/03 … standards/

7. paradigmsearch profile image90

Despite https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … ost3989142 , I'm still going to mess around with FB for the rest of the month before deciding whether to kill it or not. Today I posted about having a needle stuck in your eye. Be interesting to see how that goes over.

8. paradigmsearch profile image90

BTW, I take back all negative comments I made about Facebook. My last six posts there all now have double-digit responses.

9. paradigmsearch profile image90

I'm back. This page seems more sane than usual. What's up with that?

Meanwhile, still trying to stir up interest as to FB messing around.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 months ago

I posted this on my FB several days ago:

I had a strange Interlude while walking my dog this afternoon:

Random A**hole I Have Never Seen Before, as I walk dog past his house:
    "HEY! YOU! Keep your dog off my property!"

Me (confused):
    "Ummm... okay, but we're not on your property. We're walking in the road."

R.A.I.H.N.S.B.:
    "I don't care! Keep your dog away from my yard! You think I wanna step in s**t?"

Me:
    "Ummm... he didn't s**t. There is no s**t. Dude, we're just walking."

R.A.I.H.N.S.B.:
    "Blah blah threat to call cops/kick my ass/blah blah!"

(We were several houses away by this point so I'd stopped listening)

Me: (waving dismissively over my shoulder)
    "Ooookay, whatever you say, tough guy."

...that was weird. I guess I'm on somebody's "list" now. (shrugs)

...it's a good thing for him that I'm no longer an angry young man, cuz after that exchange, now I WANT to take my dog out in the middle of the night, and let him drop a nice big steamin' clanger right in the middle of that dude's driveway!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)