jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Oscar Prediction Or should I say what films DO YOU WANT to see get it?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Let's pretend here for a moment that you could nominate the movies for best picture next year.  Assuming they go back to the traditional 5 nomination format, which something tells me they won't but still.  Let's assume it's only 5 and then you pick  five movies, that were released this year in theaters, then name them.  You don't have to say why if you don't want to, but just list your nominations.

edit:  of course, if you want, you can also state who you think should win out of the five you nominate. big_smile

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83

1. inception
    2. shutter island
    3. the social network
    4. toy story 3-D
    5. the american

edit:  if the academy were to nominate these five films, then my money would be on "the social network" to win best picture, due to it's broad appeal among movie goers. However, if it were up to me, I would like to see "Inception" win out of all five of these movies, since it truly was one of the deepest and best movies ever assembled.  Sure, there's other movies like "dreamscape" that explored the same concept of dreams, in the past.  However, none of those movies ever explored it as deeply and thoroughly as "Inception" did, as it not only told a great story, it was psychological thriller that challenged the viewers' perception and concepts of reality.

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

1. inception (Agree)
    2. shutter island (Agree)
    3. the social network (Hate you, you're so fast -yet to see this) sad
    4. toy story 3-D (No)
    5. the american (No)

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lollol thanks for commenting skyfire.  Since you disagreed with three of my choices, then which three other movies would you list to replace them in their places respectively?

4. Stevennix2001 profile image83

oh yeah, i forgot about "the town."  lol.  that was a great film as well. I guess I'd have to replace "The American" with that movie.  My bad.  lol.

5. Mrs.L.Smith profile image58
    Mrs.L.Smithposted 6 years ago

I'm hoping Colin Firth gets best actor this year. Thats if The Kings Speech is a qualifier this year. As far as i've seen in the trailer (it isn't out at the mo in the uk) he deserves it. I believe it could be the only award he hasn't won in acting yet.

working