jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think "The Social Network" deserves an Oscar?

1. FaithDream profile image82
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

Do you think "The Social Network" deserves an Oscar?

I just watched this movie. I know it's up for an Oscar. What do you think?

2. saifhayel profile image81
    saifhayelposted 7 years ago

No, the movie is not that good, but the real story is.

3. networkandy profile image60
    networkandyposted 7 years ago

As far as it being a good movie I would say that yes it is deserves alot of recognition.

The reason why I dont think it deserves an oscar as much as I like the movie is because the guys who made the movie were just trying to get revenge on Mark Zukerberg which I think is sad.

You see the real story about how facebook was made was not everything that you saw in the movie.

Mark Zukerberg saw an opportunity to create something amazing for the world

and because a few people did not get in it early they wanted to some how get money out of it.

It was almost the same thing that happen to Bill gates ( without a movie being created).

That is why I dont think it deserves and Oscar because of that little immaturity between these college kids

4. What Is Q profile image80
    What Is Qposted 7 years ago

I haven't seen it, actually don't want to see it since it's kinda about Facebook, but I don't think it deserves an Oscar.  Why?  Because Inception deserves an Oscar, that's why. That's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everything about it is amazing... the cast, the sound, the directing... I'd like to see it win every single Oscar. But that's just me.

5. Don Ship profile image79
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

Nah, it doesn't! The movie was really not that great! Inception was a much better movie!

6. writeido profile image73
    writeidoposted 7 years ago

Oscar is for movies that are a piece of Art... Though this movie is a good watch it certainly can not compete the likes of inception.

7. FaithDream profile image82
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all your comments. Well thought.

I agree on Inception, it deserves an Oscar; a great script with great visuals. I found the Social Network a good watch as it told a good story about greed, but I was a little amazed at Mark Zukerberg's character. I wondered if it was a true portrayal of him.

8. edwards101 profile image82
    edwards101posted 7 years ago

No...it deserves to be nominated only! Inception deserves an Oscar!

working