jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)

Henry Cavill is the new Superman

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

In recent news, Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. announced that Henry Cavill is set to star as the new man of steel in the upcoming superman reboot of 2012.  Sorry, Tom Welling and Brandon Routh fans that were always clamoring over which one of them deserved to take on the role in the upcoming reboot.  However, i can't say i'm really surprised, as I didn't expect either of them to get cast anyway.  Although, I kind of wanted to see Guy Pearce take on the role, but I think Henry Cavill will do just as well.  Besides, with Nolan and Snyder working together on this project, I doubt fans will be disappointed with this new interpretation of Superman.  What are your thoughts on this? 
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4527599_f248.jpg

Picture of Henry Cavill

2. Rafini profile image89
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

hmmm, seeing as how he's missed out on a few sure things before....I wouldn't cross my fingers.  But, really, a British Superman??  lol

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well Nolan did cast a Welsh Batman, and that worked out nicely, so what's the worst that can happen?  Don't answer that.  wink  lol  Seriously though, I think it'll work out fine.  I know Christopher Nolan has never let me down before as a director, and although he's only producing this film, I'm sure he's not going to let me down now with this casting.

1. Rafini profile image89
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, I will say this much - he's got the right look and build. big_smile wink smile

lollol wink

1. Rafini profile image89
            Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile smile

3. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

anyone else got something to say?  big_smile

4. optimus grimlock profile image52
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

guy pierce as superman wtf?????? he could work as the ridler or bizoro. Cavill should do alright as long as he can hide the accent unlike some people.

Hey Grimlock, hows it going?  Who do you think should be the villain for this movie?  I don't know about you, but I'm hoping they'll finally do Brainiac in the next movie, or set it up to where Darkside is set to play a pivotal role in a planned trilogy.  What do you think?

1. optimus grimlock profile image52
        optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

guy pierce as brainiac and vin disal as darkside. ddl as lex would be crazy, he would make him way more sadistic.

I don't know about Vin Diesel playing Dark Side, but I like the idea of Guy Pierce as Brainiac now that you metion it. Plus, your right.  DDL as Lex would be sick.

5. nixmandy profile image57
    nixmandyposted 6 years ago

I had not really cared who the new superman was going to be, seeing as how he was never my favorite superhero.
    But knowing Cavill will be in it, I might actually care now. He did really great in The Tudors. I think he can pull this off!

Yeah, I'm just glad to hear DC/WB is finally casting an actor that has acting experience for once to play superman, as Christopher Reeves was barely fresh out of film school when he got signed to be superman in the original movies. Plus, Welling was a model before being cast in smallville, and Routh had a little bit of experience in soaps, but not too much.  therefore, im just glad they got someone with some experience for once. 

Now I just hope that rumor is true about Daniel Day Lewis being considered for Lex Luthor, as I think he'd be awesome in that role. big_smile

6. Rusty C. Adore profile image85
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 6 years ago

He definitely has the right look. I knew Tom Welling wouldn't be Superman again. He's been Clark Kent for far too long. I'm sure he's more than ready to do something else (probably a more behind the scenes part actually.) I can support this choice for Superman. I think it will be good.

Me too.  Now we just need to find out who's playing lois lane and the rest of the cast, then we're all set. smile

7. optimus grimlock profile image52
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

jessica biel is tryin to get the lois lane roll, hope she does.

jessica biel as lois lane?  wow, that's a good thing then.  to be honest, i never really found margot kidder to be that attractive during the earlier superman movies, so it'll be good to see jessica biel get the role.  big_smile

1. Tina Kachan profile image42
        Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, Jessica would be quite of a refresh after Margot Kidder cool

but I`m not so sure she`s the right one for the role..but if Nolan trusts her, then I do too big_smile

Well to be honest, she wouldn't be my first choice to play lois lane, but i would still accept her if she did is all i was getting at.  personally, if anne hathaway was still available, then I would've picked her as my first choice.  it's sad she's no longer available for the role though.

1. Tina Kachan profile image42
            Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe because Anne Hathaway is busy filming Catwoman with Nolan big_smile

Oh i know she is, that's why i said it's sad she's no longer available for the role. however, i guess we'll have to wait and see. personally, im really hoping the rumors are true about daniel day lewis up for being lex luthor, as he would literally own that role if you ask me. big_smile

8. Tina Kachan profile image42
    Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago

If this Superman is going to be like the one with Brandon Routh they might as well give up now. roll

Nah, I doubt that would happen.  With Zack's ability to create great action sequences, and Nolan's ability to tell deep character and story driven films, then i doubt this will end up like Superman Returns. big_smile

working