jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

mortal kombat

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Okay, in recent news, it looks like "Mortal Kombat" fans will finally get their wish, as it has been released earlier this week that Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema will green light Kevin Tanchoreon's version of "Mortal Kombat."  After the recent success of the online web series, "Mortal Kombat:  Legacy", Warner Bros. is now a hundred percent confident that an "R-rated" movie directed by Kevin will be a huge hit at the box office.  There's no official word on what characters will be in the reboot, nor is there any info on whether the Web series cast will reprise their roles for the film.  However, Kevin did say that what he would keep fans posted, and that the film is being targeted for a 2013 release.  Anyway, here's a link to know more:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82709

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this flawless victory?  big_smile

1. David 470 profile image88
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah boy! smile

I like mortal kombat. The 2011 mortal kombat game was awesome. I wondered if it's story will be similar to events reflected in the last game?

Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i don't know.  that's a good question.  i think Kevin Tanchareon said that the new movie will be kind of a continuation of the online youtube series.  have you been following them?

1. David 470 profile image88
          David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I heard of the series from a friend, but never watched them.

you should definitely check it out the next chance you get, as the web series is a helluva a lot better than the last two live action Mortal Kombat films.

2. optimus grimlock profile image54
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

it should be really violent and gory "eeexcellant" (in Mr burns voice)

1. Marcy-Lipton profile image61
      Marcy-Liptonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that's going to be awesome! sub zero and his finishing move finally have a home!

yeah. bring on the violence! big_smile lol

2. Stevennix2001 profile image84

yeah, i just hope they don't try to dumb it down to a pg 13 rating.  don't get me wrong, i know there's been a lot of dark pg 13 movies, but a franchise like "Mortal Kombat" NEEDS to be an r rated film to be portrayed accurately.

3. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago

When the the first movies came out me and my friends loved them. I bughtthem for my son and he loved them. I however wept at the content and was in utter shock at how stupid the movies were. I pray to God in Heaven that the new movie will try to be a movie and not the game. They need to follow one character's story like Sub Zero and Scorpians story arc. Leave that flamer Johny Cage in Hollywood and let Raidan be played by a fricken asian this time!!!!

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

it seems that these "games" are mostly for guys..is that true...or woman just don't understand?roll

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know plent of girls that play this game.

working