jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Rock Challenge

1. sam209 profile image77
    sam209posted 5 years ago

Beatles vs. The Stones? Love the Stones, but no competion! The Beatles all day!!!!!

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Beatles created a new genre of rock. So no comparison. Beatles.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Beatles

2. mhope324 profile image57
    mhope324posted 5 years ago

I love the Beatles too...Revolver is their best album, Sgt. Pepper is a close second. Some of the Stones songs are great, like Paint it Black and Gimme Shelter.

3. sam209 profile image77
    sam209posted 5 years ago

I think Sgt. Pepper is the greatest album of all time but just imagined if it featured Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane. It would've been untouchable!

4. mhope324 profile image57
    mhope324posted 5 years ago

I know...I thought for the longest time I was the only one in the world who loved Sgt. Pepper. I think I played that album to death. Great forum debate!

5. Alecia Murphy profile image82
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I'm with the Beatles as well. They have more layers to their sound and even though they didn't last as long, I think they have the deeper impact in pop culture.

6. giocatore profile image90
    giocatoreposted 5 years ago

Sgt Peppers is a great album, but I listen to the Rolling Stones more often than the Beatles. Charlie Watts is a wonderful drummer, for starters. Many of the best rock bands have drummers that started in jazz bands: Charlie Watts, Ginger Baker, and I believe Mitch Mitchell as well. Cheers.

7. sam209 profile image77
    sam209posted 5 years ago

Glad you mentioned Ginger Baker because he happens to be one of my favorite drummers! As far as greatest groups, Cream would get plenty of nods if they'd stayed together longer!

1. giocatore profile image90
      giocatoreposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, Cream shined very brightly, but for only a couple of years. Jimi Hendrix could have developed into an interesting player if he had a chance to mature, not that he wasn't  interesting already! But with maturity he might have gone to some places we wouldn't expect.

8. profile image58
    ensitaposted 5 years ago

the beatles certainly were a milestone in the development of rock music. so - beatles.

working