- Family and Parenting»
20 Ways and Tips to Create a Healthy, Lifestyle for Your Family
A Green Lifestyle for Your Family
- 11 Best Ways to Go Green This Summer
Going green is a becoming a very common phrase used in conversations, television programs, on websites etc. This Hub deals with the great, simple ways to go green this summer and why.
Creating a Healthy Lifestyle is not only having healthy eating habits and exercise, but has to do with so many other factors. Here are some tips that all contribute to establishing a healthy lifestyle for your kids.
HEALTHY FAMILY/HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
1. Eat together as a family as often as possible.- This is very good time to engage in wonderful conversation with your kids.
2. Model love, respect and care for your spouse. Children are often more at ease when parents are getting along with one another.
3. Create an atmosphere where your children feel loved and accepted and where mistakes are permitted, but an understanding that that there are certain consequences for breaking rules and demonstrate certain negative behaviors. You can praise your children when necessary and discipline when needed. Help them to establish a healthy view of themselves.
4. Create a place where they feel safe to share their problems, good days and bad days.
LIMIT TV AND COMPUTER ACTIVITIES
5. Some kids are spending too much time with the latest electronic product and entertainment. You can limit time spent on the TV, computer, internet, facebook and playing Video games so that all their time will not be consumed with these things.
ENCOURAGE FUN ACTIVITIES
6. Incorporate some sort of physical activity in your children’s lives- Plan activities and games that will give children a certain amount of exercise.
7. Encourage them to ride his/her bike, to get involved in playing baseball, football, soccer, basketball, swimming, jump rope, dance or other activities.
Tips for Healthy Home and Personal Healthy Habits
A HEALTHY HOME
8. Have a Clean home and maintain it- You can encourage your kids help in maintaining a clean house and to keep their rooms clean and organized. You can also create a chore list that fits the age of your children. Some of them can help to sweep, vacuum and dust.
9. Brushing and flossing teeth at least twice a day to prevent cavities and have healthy teeth and gums.
10. Enforce washing hands with soap and water before each meal, after playing, after using the bathroom and playing with pets, either the neighbors or your own. This prevents your children from bacteria, germs, the cold or any illness.
11. A Good Night Sleep- Children should get at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
Enforce Healthy Eating Habits
- 8 Strategies to Receive Massive Weight Loss
Losing Weight can be quite challenging, but there are many safe things you can do to lose weight. Here are a few tips to jump start weight loss so you can take those pounds off quickly.
12. Start with a healthy breakfast- Smoothies, fruit (strawberries, blueberries, oranges, apples, bananas), Yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, whole grain toast
13. Make sandwiches with whole wheat bread or whole grain bread and add some veggies.
14. Create fun healthy snacks- peanut butter with celery, toast with apple butter, carrots, broccoli with ranch dip, fruit, trail mix, almonds, granola and yogurt.
15. Limit snacks like cakes, chocolate, ice cream, cookies that is loaded with sugar and cause an increase in weight.
16. Cut down on fast food, frozen dinners, frozen treats and processed food.
17. Get rid or items with aspartame - Aspartame can cacause headaches, tiredness and depression. Some items are gums, mints, juices, some sodas, other drinks, yogurt, etc. It is best to read the label to see if this is included.
Be a Healthy Parent
- 12 Tips to Keep Your Brain Healthy as You Age
The brain is a very important function of the body. Whether you are a teen, young adult, over 3o, here are some ways to sharpen your brain and mind. You can boost up your brainpower with these tips.
CREATE A HEALTHY YOU
18. Be a great example to your children and model healthy Habits. Begin slowly to change the way you eat, eat more fruits and vegetables, whole grain, fish, less fatty foods and foods loaded with sugar.
Take time to have some form of exercise or participate in activities that enable your child to be more active.
19. Love Yourself – This does not mean being selfish or pampering yourself, but accept yourself in spite of failures, past, weaknesses, take care of yourself. don't be hard on yourself, forgive yourself, take care of your heart, body, mind and life.
20. Get rid of Unhealthy Bad Habits- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol in the presence of children, bad language, extreme negative talk and bitting nails.
More Healthy Hubs
- 7 Healthy Cooking Tips for a Quick Dinner or Quick M...
These cooking tips can make your time preparing meals fun delightful and also give you more great tasty, healthy meals.
- Go Green! - How To Have a Green and Healthy Lifestyl...
Go Green!- How to Have a Green and Healthy Lifestyle
- 6 Top Spices to Boost Your Health Daily
Spices can boost your health, prevent and protect you from many harmful diseases and help you in your daily life. Learn what these spices and health benefits to restore your life.