The best soft structured baby carrier for a busy mom | REVIEW & VIDEO
A baby carrier should be on the list of baby essentials. Even for moms who love to walk their babies with the strollers. I admit that I have a passion for my Inglesina Zippy stroller - and you can read in my hub "The Best Stroller For My Baby". But there are times when my soft structured carrier is my best friend, sometimes the only friend who can give me a helping hand with my child.
My son, Luca, is already too heavy to carry in my arms. At the same time, I have small things to do around the house and quick errands too. And without my baby carrier it would be difficult.
I think I chose a perfect soft structured carrier that suits my needs: easier to put, it's safe for the baby; it ensures a healthy position and does not affect the spine. In addition, it’s from organic fabric!
My favorite soft structured carrier
MARSUPI PLUS FEATURES
- It secures the position of the legs in an M shape
- It's simple and easy to assemble
- Flexible and safe, with a Velcro grip
- It is available in different sizes: S/M for a waist 65-90 cm and a height of up to 1.80, and maximum is XXL, for a waist size of 95-130 cm.
- It can be worn in front, back, or on the hip
- It provides a perfect support for the baby
- It offers great freedom of movement and free hands. It’s so nice to have my hands free:)
- It’s a very compact baby carrier, easy to adjust, easy to transport. The Marsupi Plus baby carrier comes in a practical bag for transport and storage.
A practical baby carrier
I'm not one of the mums who enjoy big scarves. So I chose the Marsupi Plus soft structured carrier. Just like in a baby carrier sling, the baby is glued to me without other material between us. Baby's back is well supported and the shoulder straps hold him close to my body.
At first I was tempted to buy the Manduca soft structured carrier. However, it was three times more expensive, almost 120 dollars. So I chose the simpler and cheaper baby carrier, for 40 dollars! I used the Marsupi baby carrier since my baby was 2 months. Manufacturers say that it’s OK to use it if the baby has more than 3.5 kilos, because it has a support for the head. This support is also used when the baby sleeps, so that it protects the head.
What is even more awesome to Marsupi Plus is the fact that the entire child's weight is distributed on the shoulders, waist and back. For me it was important to buy a carrier that was OK for me to use - I have 50 kilos and 1.60 m - and my baby has 8 kilograms (five months).
This year I’m going to use the Marsupi Plus, until my son will weigh 12 kilograms (that’s the maximum weight). Afterwards I'll decide whether to choose the Manduca soft structured carrier or the Ergo baby carrier.
One thing I do not like. In order to ensure an optimal safety of the baby, the two shoulder straps are long. And if it rained outside you need to be careful that when you put the baby carrier, not to give the shoulder straps through the mud.
Before you buy a soft structured carrier, or other type of baby carrier
- The baby carrier should support the baby’s head
- Be careful not to cut off their airflow
- Pay attention to their feet. Don’t let their legs droop down. Doctors recommend the M shape of the legs – to prevent the hip dysplasia.
- Before you buy one, try several on, preferrably with a baby inside. And ask other parents for their advice
You might also be interested in:
- Pregnancy - signs and symptoms. Am I pregnant or it's just a false alarm?
Am I pregnant? This was the question I was thinking obsessively last spring . Even if I did not have pregnancy symptoms, the calendar was telling me that something was different. My instinct too.
- Best Father's Day gift ideas for 2013. Your dad will love these
Buying the perfect Father’s Day gift can be trickier, compared to a Mother’s Day gift. But if you read this hub you will not to get caught without a Father’s Day gift idea.
- Pregnancy and diet. Do you know how to eat when pregnant?
The first advice for future mothers and their pregnancy diet is to not eat for two. They must keep in mind, first of all, on what they are eating. This hub is a great source of information.
- When Teething Symptoms Begin, Sophie the Giraffe is the Best Teething Eco Toy | REVIEW & VIDEO
My baby is teething. I tried to avoid the stuffed toys, plastic or rubber toys. They are all made in China and I don't think they are 100% baby safe. Then, I discovered Sophie the Giraffe
- How To Buy The Best Baby Stroller | REVIEW & VIDEO
The search for the best baby stroller began several months before the birth of my son. At first, I had a crush for those big strollers, the SUV-like and all terrain strollers. But then I discovered...
- Cloth diapers - How to save money and the planet with baby essentials
Modern cloth diapers are now well studied. They are they are colorful, safe and efficient. A baby essential that will save you money, is ecological and respectful with your baby’s skin.
- Sedentary children, future sick adults. How to avoid
Sedentary lifestyle is learned in childhood. See how your parental skills can influence your child's lifestyle.