Sedentary children, future sick adults. How to avoid
Sedentary lifestyle is learned in childhood. Children get to spend too many hours in front of the TV or computer, without significant sports activities. Many parents believe that electronics are irresistible for children, and have no chance to compete with the technology. These parents underestimate themselves.
A study conducted by a team from Oregon University shows that, in fact, the parents hold the secret.
The researchers from Oregon compared four parenting styles
- The authoritative parents provide great affection and still maintain control. It is a demanding style care. They ask, but they also provide explanations. They offer affection, attention and autonomy.
- The authoritarian parent loves to control, without providing affection. In this relationship, the parent is the only one with demands and he expects obedience, without any questions or comments.
- The permissive parents have a lot of affection for their children, but they lack control. Are warm, tolerant and accept almost any request, but do not impose limits, or have high expectations. These parents just give, without asking anything in return.
- The careless or neglectful parents have no control or affection. Because of everyday problems, they do not pay attention.
What Type of Parent Are You?
The study conducted at the University of Oregon shows that, regardless of the parenting style, all children ages two to four were sitting in front the TV four to five hours a day. The study showed also that the futures active or sedentary lifestyle of the adult is created in the first years.
Once in school, children's physical activity tends to decline and will continue in this direction throughout life.
To prevent a sedentary lifestyle for children, who will clearly affect the health of the future adult, experts recommend that parents support and encourage physical games.
You might also be interested in:
- When Teething Symptoms Begin, Sophie the Giraffe is the Best Teething Eco Toy | REVIEW & VIDEO
My baby is teething. I tried to avoid the stuffed toys, plastic or rubber toys. They are all made in China and I don't think they are 100% baby safe. Then, I discovered Sophie the Giraffe
- Best Father's Day gift ideas for 2013. Your dad will love these
Buying the perfect Father’s Day gift can be trickier, compared to a Mother’s Day gift. But if you read this hub you will not to get caught without a Father’s Day gift idea.
- How To Buy The Best Baby Stroller| REVIEW & VIDEO
The search for the best baby stroller began several months before the birth of my son. At first, I had a crush for those big strollers, the SUV-like and all terrain strollers. But then I discovered...
- A baby carrier for a busy mom. The soft structured carrier Marsupi Plus | REVIEW & VIDEO
A baby carrier should be on the list of baby essentials. See the choice of an active mom, how doesn't like being wrapped in scarves
- Cloth diapers - How to save money and the planet with baby essentials
Modern cloth diapers are now well studied. They are they are colorful, safe and efficient. A baby essential that will save you money, is ecological and respectful with your baby’s skin.