Express10 profile image 86

Is breastfeeding and drinking alcohol okay or frowned upon in your eyes?

Keeping in mind that no amount of alcohol is safe for a baby to be exposed to, is breastfeeding while drinking not a big deal or a potential harm to the baby in your eyes?

Link10103 profile image77

Link10103 says

jlpark profile image90

Jacqui (jlpark) says

Aime F profile image85

Aime (Aime F) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

I agree, my doctor said it was fine, with no pump and dump, as long as I tried to have a drink right after feeding. Just a matter of moderation.

Penny G profile image75

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• Aime F profile image

Aime (Aime F) 3 years ago

Sorry, but this is total scaremongering. I actually just looked through some medical journals and the common consensus is that occasional drinking while BFing not medically significant. Putting alcohol in a bottle is not even remotely the same.