jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How did you feel about yourself after you decided to quit drinking alcohol?

1. the clean life profile image79
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

How did you feel about yourself after you decided to quit drinking alcohol?

2. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

Fabulous! I've been sober ever since and i'm loving life!

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I applaud Mr. Wynn. . . .but I see no reason to not drink.

4. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Well for me its been over 15 years clean in a family that booze was drank like water as a youth. I can  honestly say without the Lord's Grace and Help I don't think I would have made it. I feel very good that is one monster I was able to overcome, even though to this day my relatives still think you need to drink to have fun.

5. lindajot profile image71
    lindajotposted 7 years ago

Honestly - unsure who I even was.  It will be one year on Dec.1 that I took my last drink.  Scary stuff!  Didn't know how to act or go through the day being "normal", if there is such a thing.  I would watch other people to see how they spent their time.  Sad.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I felt great except for the whole withdraw thing but its been two years now and iam still sober and loving life the thought of quiting use to overwhelm me so much that i didnt think it was possible but at two years clean iam living proof that any one who wants to bad enough can put down the bottle and enter there new life

7. fanatik_efka profile image75
    fanatik_efkaposted 7 years ago

i join the club of non drinkers to. It just awesome to know, that there are so many people who think the same as i do. I'm sober for more then a year now, and i really love it. For the present time i just keep saying how my life is good now. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the last 10 months maybe are the best that i have ever had in my whole life.

8. captiantim68 profile image57
    captiantim68posted 7 years ago

Great, for me it was one of the best choices I have ever made.
    Sure makes for a much better captain.
    And I have a lot more money to fix our boats and make our dreams come true.

9. marksmommy profile image53
    marksmommyposted 7 years ago

its been two years and i feel better every day.now i still get the urge everynow and then.alchoholism runs in my family and i seen how it changed the people i love.im not perfect but i dont want to be a bad rolemodel for my four year old son.just stay positive and be strong.konow that your making the best decision.a decision that will ultimately save your life.

10. candicemarks987 profile image60
    candicemarks987posted 5 years ago

I feel really good like someone lift a big rock over me. It is really a good feeling not to depend to alcohol. All of this I thank to the private drug rehab treatment that I have. If you too wan tot be sober forever, visit http://addiction-rehab-treatment.net/pr … dvantages/

working