Maturity!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)
  1. Pastor Q profile image61
    Pastor Qposted 14 years ago

Maturity
    Maturity!

All of us at some point or another have went through some kind of ordeal or situation that have caused us to Mature in one way or another. But my question tonight is why does it take an ordeal for us to change? Maturity derives from the word Mature. A child may throw dirt at another child for fun until he or she is caught, scolded or reprimanded, and then taught to receive and give forgiveness. Very rarely will you catch that child doing that act again because he or she know the consequences for their actions. They have matured! A dog may urinate all over the house but when it is caught, scolded or reprimanded, and taught where to relieve itself of its pressure so that it will not be scolded, it Matures and await its master to open the door or take it outside. Don't believe me only, look up the word Mature: 1: based on slow careful consideration mature judgment>2 a (1): having completed natural growth and development.(2): having undergone maturation b: having attained a final or desired state. c: having achieved a low but stable growth rate.So again I ask, why do we need some kind of ordeal before we change? Pride. It kills us! It makes our self importance amazingly too high. It causes us to do things and say things that are uncommon and for every action there is a reaction. Pride can be good: 1: the quality or state of being proud: as a: inordinate self-esteem. b: a reasonable or justifiable self-respect c: delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship. But here is the definition that usually fits as it pertains to relationships and love: 2: proud or disdainful behavior or treatment : disdain.Now, my sisters full of emotions (YES, I SAID IT), right now I want to talk to my brothers. Do you really want to know why our best and brightest sisters act as if they are sooo independent and so secluded, why they act stuck up, snotty, like they can open their own door, pay for their own tabs and cabs, buy their own drinks (shouldn't be drinking alcohol), their own cars, their own houses, clothes, pay their own rent, go on vacation by themselves, be their own bosses etc. etc? It is because (and this is your last websters word of the day) we, the brothers have done what: Neglected our sisters. The word Neglected derives from the word Neglect which means: 1 : to give little attention or respect to : disregard 2 : to leave undone or unattended to especially through carelessness. I believe some of you when you say you did not intentionally neglect your spouse or significant other. I believe some of you when you say I was incredibly busy and it slipped my mind that we had things scheduled or even if not scheduled, in your mind to do. I believe some of you when you say I was tired and I assumed my significant other or my wife would understand. I believe that you really believed that those special days i.e: valentines, birthdays, christmas, anniversaries, the day we first met etc... were just days and you really don't want to get caught up in the day. I believe that you really work hard as &*$@ (means:you say you do - you all thought I was going to say hell) and you feel your woman should at the least be thankful and appreciative for all you do. I know all of it and I believe it fellas because as I wrote this I remembered not even...2long ago (Ha!) this was me, and my wife was my punching bag as she liked to say it. She absorbed all of my blows to her body, to her mind, and to her soul and she took it like a champ. But here is something that I had to learn through extreme measures and I pray my brothers that you will receive it with love. LOVE DOESN'T HEAR EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Being neglected is harder than never having had someone to love because someone who has never had someone to love has not experienced that love and then have someone take it away or become neglected. You know men, God is wonderful! He has given us chance after chance. He (God) or She (your spouse or significant other) has caught you slipping, He/she scolded you or reprimanded you by telling you that you don't do what you use to do, and you have been given a chance to avoid an Ordeal. How? I'm glad you asked, by correcting your mishaps before something drastic takes place to force you to remember. God, infinite in Wisdom has given us every single thing to curb a woman's appetite for attention at our disposal. He has given us the roses to send on her job and make her happy (you can send them to her home but woman want to know they are loved outdoors amongst others not just indoors under covers). God has given us Cards from gifted poetic writers or even internet cards created by you (I still love you, do you still love me, yes or no?). He has given us the parks and playgrounds to walk, talk, park and dare I say even play around on the ground (yes, the Pastor said it!) God has given us oceans and beaches for...(I don't have time to be a teacher). God has given us open passage to other countries to take our spouses into something new and create a different pattern of thinking. Men, God has created the show "Animal Kingdom" so that we can watch the animals produce love and apply it to our lives (if you don't believe that, watch it sometimes. Some of it will amaze you). Last but not least, your bedroom is a great place for love but God knowing that women sometimes want something new and different invented long ago these units called "Hotels" not motels (don't be sleezy men) for that change of pace that is required by our woman. Now, if you are not married, don't place yourselves in situations which may cause you to sin (don't be mad, I'm a Pastor. I have to tell it like the Bible says), but also never neglect the things you did when you first met her. Men, here is the greatest weapon I can give you about your woman: She Is Counting On You To Keep Her Happy! Never forget that. And you know the old addage; if mommas happy, everybodies happy. I am a learned man and I am/was first partaker of this message and my prayer is that this message will reach the nations because if we could just practice these simple truths, the United States divorce rate would decrease tremendously.

1. profile image0
      shreekrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

try to write in short paras or short content.
      like i am writing.

so that hubbers can read it.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. artificialhaze profile image59
    artificialhazeposted 14 years ago

I agree with the other reply, too much information for this, it looks more like a blog... but maturity is something that comes with time and change.  When drastic events occur, usually the true colors of people come out, and how they deal with the situation with either hinder or help their maturity.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 14 years ago

Yes, above all else, please learn some paragraph structure.

Secondly, around the dog learning not to urinate in the kitchen, do you collect them from homes and formally educate them not to do so? I would be extremely interested in this service at the moment if you are offering it in the Glasgow area of Scotland...???

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)