jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes a great father?

1. abahannin profile image55
    abahanninposted 8 years ago

What makes a great father?

What do you think makes a great father? The kind of father that becomes his childs real long life hero.

2. dawnM profile image66
    dawnMposted 8 years ago

A great father is a person who makes his child feel good about who they you are.  A man that treats women with respect  is a good role mode.  A good father uses difficult times in a child's life to teach them from those experiences instead of reprimanding them.
    A good father will help his daughter to respect herself as a lady and show her that she should be treated as one.

I was fortunate enough to have a father like that and now I am fortunate enough to have married a man who loves, respects and cherishes me.

3. shanshane2 profile image60
    shanshane2posted 8 years ago

I think a great father starts with not being a macho man!  It seems like many dads believe that toughening up the kids is thier job.  I think dads need to pour on the affection from the day the kids are born.  I can't wait to kiss baby number four later this year, and I get tons of kisses from the first three.  I know that some day soon, the kids aren't going to want the kisses, but dads shouldn't be afraid to get them while they can.  Great dads are also aware that the kids are watching thier every move, and because of that, they behave like big boys all of the time!

4. NateSean profile image75
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

Not abandoning his child is a huge step towards that for me.

Mine left on me when I was a baby. In my eyes, that makes my two brothers heros because neither of them bolted when their wives got pregnant. They stuck with them, raising their children and not blaming them for something they had no control over.

working