jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

best way to "potty" train, my girl (2.5 years old)

1. csd1509 profile image68
    csd1509posted 8 years ago

best way to "potty" train, my girl (2.5 years old)

2. BeBrown profile image69
    BeBrownposted 8 years ago

depends how much time you have.  We made our kid go to the toilet every 20 minutes until she got used to it.

3. Torch Harrison profile image83
    Torch Harrisonposted 8 years ago

Go buy "Once Upon a Potty" by Alona Frankel and READ it to your child often.  I did this with one of my children several years ago and they really got the idea with this book.  I understand this book now comes in boy and girl versions, which is a great thing.  Keep the potty in the area they are in during the day (living room, play room, whereever) and encourage them to try using it.  Use rewards for getting it right.  And be patient when mistakes happen!

4. profile image0
    TheCalicoRoseposted 7 years ago

I just wrote an article on potty training and it may work for you. . . please check it out. While it worked for our son it could work for you.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Potty-training- … -years-old

5. profile image52
    kyberposted 7 years ago

We gave rewards such as smarties taped up above the toilet in a ziploc bag.  If my son went potty he would get a treat.  Eventually he would go on his own and we don't give him a treat anymore.  Make a big deal and praise your daughter when she does go potty.  Any potty time is a victory in the beginning. 

Kids books by the potty are ways to get them used to going potty as well.

working