jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a sure fire way to potty train your child in a short amount of time?

1. Debby Bruck profile image75
    Debby Bruckposted 6 years ago

Is there a sure fire way to potty train your child in a short amount of time?

Do you have a special technique or method you have used to potty train? Is this any different that past generations? Are kids different today that they need special training? Does the change in diet and lifestyle make a difference in a child's ability to become potty trained at a particular age?

2. pearlmacb profile image74
    pearlmacbposted 6 years ago

I think its determined by the child, some children physically are just not ready. My first child he was potty trained in a week @ 2yrs old, hes a very clean boy & couldnt wait to get out of his diapers, I would ask him every 15-20 minutes if he needed to go, also I used a childrens book re potty training, fun illustrations made him relax. My second son, I used same techique with no effective results. He didnt like to be pressured, he used to go in his room and do it on the floor lol. I put back his diapers & gave him a break for a few weeks @2yrs 6months, he started going on his own & he enjoyed wearing underwear like his older brother smile)))
    Im unable to answer the other questions, I really dont know....

3. QueenOfTheHouse profile image68
    QueenOfTheHouseposted 6 years ago

Potty Training is no easy feat. My hope is that with these 10 helpful steps you will have a sense of direction and confidence to get you through this milestone victoriously! read more

4. katieababy74 profile image59
    katieababy74posted 6 years ago

I thought I had it all sewn up with my first child out of nappies in one day using the potty, no accidents absolutely perfect.  Then the second child came along and I realised I knew absolutely nothing about the subject!!  The one thing I have found that helps with number two are these groovy stickers that you stick to the inside of the toilet or potty and when the wet warm wee hits it the picture changes.  It has made the little one more excited about the idea of using the potty.  I have realised every child is completely and totally different!!!  I think one of the key issues is not to force a child who is not ready.

1. Claudia Marie profile image73
      Claudia Marieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When I could not get over the hump of potty training my son, a friend of mine told me to remove his diaper. It worked! He was trained with in a week.

5. Claudia Marie profile image73
    Claudia Marieposted 5 years ago

When I could not get over the hump of potty training my son, a friend of mine told me to remove his diaper. It worked! He was trained with in a week.

1. Debby Bruck profile image75
      Debby Bruckposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you had success.

working