jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

At what age did you potty train your child(ren)?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image77
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

At what age did you potty train your child(ren)?

2. J. L. Tuso profile image43
    J. L. Tusoposted 7 years ago

I started potty training my daughter at 18 months and my son at 14 months.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I started potty training my son at about 18 months...and it took him until a little past three years old before he really caught on. Part of it is that his father refused to show him a certain part of it that I'm not equipped for (he caught on very quickly to that bit once my current husband came on the scene and was able to show him), and part of it is that it just plain took him a long time to get comfortable with going in a toilet, which probably seems a lot more exposed than being able to do so in the privacy of your own pants.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image86
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

I was 37 when I started potty training our first born.

5. EmmaMedu profile image78
    EmmaMeduposted 7 years ago

I started potty training my daughter when she was 18 months old. Now she is 20 months old and I plan to get rid off diapers completely in a couple of months.

6. Avamum profile image84
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

I started training my first son when he was almost two years old as I was pregnant with my second child.  It worked out well, and son #1 was completely trained by about 27 months, just as son #2 was born.  Today everyone is completely housebroken and no one wets the bed, either.

7. Specialk3749 profile image60
    Specialk3749posted 7 years ago

Potty train when you child is ready for it...showing signs, etc.
    I had two children that were potty trained by the time they were 19 months old  and the others were potty  trained before their third birthday.  Each child is different!

8. K. Burns Darling profile image82
    K. Burns Darlingposted 7 years ago

i have three children, (now 16, 15, and 3) two of which were trained just after their third birthday, and one who trained herself when she was two.  It was with my first born (the only boy) that taught me the truth about potty training.  Under pressure from some family members to begin training him at about eighteen months, the experience quickly deteriorated into an exasperating battle of wills,  not only for my husband and I but for our daycare provider as well.  After a few weeks of increasingly resistant behavior from my son, which had now reached a point where he would throw a tantrum every time you tried to take him to the bathroom, my day care provider said to me, "You know, I just don't think that he is ready, why don't we just table it for now, and try again later."  She was a very wise woman.  It may have meant another eighteen months in diapers, but when HE decided he was ready, he trained in one weekend, and never even had an accident.  My daughter, fourteen months younger than my son, was just past two when she came home from day care and announced that she, "was a big girl now, and she was going to wear big girl panties."  She never wore another diaper, and never wet her bed.  When my three year old was born, I was already a firm believer in taking my cue as to when to train from the child.