why is my 4 month old sleeping all day and when he wakes not eat

1. mommy2eli profile image53
    mommy2eliposted 7 years ago

why is my 4 month old sleeping all day and when he wakes not eat

he trys but starts to cry lound and he wont stop then falls back to sleep wakes up again in two hours and starts all over again - - - > my babys d.o.b 12/29/09 5 pounds 13 oz under 35 weeks i was 8 months

2. dawnM profile image66
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

take your 4 month old to the doctor, this does not sound normal!!!  a baby eats about every three hours at that age, the sleeping in the day, is not abnormal, but along ith not eating that sounds like a problem.  Good luck

3. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image61
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 7 years ago

I agree with dawnM,

just to add- he might have stomach colics, which are typical for children if there is problem with food they it- if you are giving him some formula which his stomach cannot tolerate, (babies often cannot tolerate cow┬┤s milk in formula because of lactose intolerance) - he might be in pain.

If you are breastfeeding him, you might eat some food (like onions, garlic, spices) which he can feel in your milk - so the result is pain in stomach again.

When he is completely exhausted from crying, THIRST and HUNGER he falls asleep.

He needs to eat - if his problem is persisting longer then day or two, he might dehydrate ! So take him to the doctor to check him, but consider changing the food he eats - to solve his problem permanently.

working