jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does it make me a mean person to get on the defensive and react; when it comes t

1. profile image46
    SDelane25posted 7 years ago

Does it make me a mean person to get on the defensive and react; when it comes to my son?

From day one ,my sister has wanted my son, and my grandmother told me not to allow her to keep him. Especially for long periods. Each and every time I put my foot down she and my mom get on the defensive as if I am suppose to just let her have him. Like I am hurting her feelings. It pisses me off and I keep trying to be nice and allow him to go sometimes but she acts as if she is in control. My mom always backs her up. What do I do?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

I am afraid there has to be a portion of untold story behind what you have written here. Why should your sister wish to keep him and why should your mother support her?

3. eli grey profile image61
    eli greyposted 7 years ago

Could it possibly be that your mother and grandmother had a disagreement about the matter, and now they are taking sides? If the reasoning for your actions is what I believe it to be, then I understand why you wouldnt want her to keep him for long periods of time. And, yes. More info is needed to fully understand the situation.

4. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 7 years ago

I had a similar problem when my first son was born. My mom was trying to take over and do what she thought was right but completely disregarded me. Like you, I tried to be polite and it didn't stop. In my case, I had to be very blunt and tell her exactly how I felt and even threatened to not let her see my son anymore. Well, she got mad and dramatical and we didn't talk for awhile but eventually we worked through it enough that she still got her time with him. But honestly, I still have to lay down the law once in awhile. Hope this helps. Good Luck!