jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What lessons have you learned from your children?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What lessons have you learned from your children?

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

from others children, I have learned that discipline is extremely important.  You can either destroy or prevent destruction if discipline isn't instilled

vonda g.nelson

3. Lgali profile image54
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

Give them space to be them. this way u can get chance to develope a good person

4. Greatlife profile image59
    Greatlifeposted 7 years ago

We are so busy in the fast paced lives that miss on the finer aspects of life. Watching your kids grow is a learning curve; we can stop and take note for a better way of life.

Watching my three year old, shows that how unconditional love can be. They live in the moment and not with any peer pressures or the worry of tomorrow.Secondly they teach us the virtue of innocence, as we age we become shrewd I wish we learn their way of looking and enjoying life.

5. DawnaT profile image75
    DawnaTposted 7 years ago

I agree with Lgali.  Kids do need their space, so to speak, but they also need guidance.  They are in their learning years (heck, I’m still in my “learning years”; I learn something from my parents almost daily.)  Kids believe they are invincible, as I did when I was well into my teen years, even my twenties.  I do believe that children need to be themselves and to be given space, but they also need that parental “control”.  I have seen far too many parents trying to be a best friend to their children; there is no discipline, no guidance – only for it to “blow up” in their faces, leaving them to wonder ‘where did I go wrong?’

6. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 7 years ago

True and Unconditional Love. I would easily give my own life for any of my children, without hesitation. Some may think that is easy to say, but I had to make that choice before. Luckily they saved both of us.