jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

i am a single mother and am thinking about emmigrating to Australia with my 5 ye

  1. profile image44
    catsndawgs6posted 7 years ago

    i am a single mother and am thinking about emmigrating to Australia with my 5 year old son. What...

    is the best way to go about doing this?

  2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

    Contact the Australian Consulate and ask, no point in asking us.

  3. profile image0
    Always Greenerposted 7 years ago

    Agree with Mick.  Also do it, because Australia is just a lovely place in general - great scenery, people, atmosphere (except for West Sydney)

  4. profile image47
    albertagreekgirlposted 7 years ago

    DO IT NOW before you get too old and can't do it.  I should have done this when I was in my 30s, now I'm 45 and it's too late. Try to emmigrate as a skilled migrant, any trade even hairdresser and cook is on the list.  If you have schooling all the better. You need to have a certain number of points, and if you're younger, speak a second language, speak english perfect you will get more points.  Hopefully you have some education as this will help you.  Go on the Australian immigration website and find all the info there. They also give more points to people with skills in demand.  I now have to wait and hope that one of my kids decides to do this, two of them are apprenticing plumbers, and when they get their journeyman ticket, they will have an easy time emmigrating away from the cold and into paradise.  I've lived in Australia and it's God's country.  You can also go there on a visitors visa or work visa if you're young enough and if they really like you they can sponsor you...harder to do, but still not impossible.  Your son will have a great live in Australia! Good luck!