jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you get a spoiled 4 year old to behave?

1. somethingmagical profile image53
    somethingmagicalposted 7 years ago

How do you get a spoiled 4 year old to behave?

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image78
    PaulaHenry1posted 7 years ago

Quit spoiling them for one. Secondly, a 4 year old has some sense to them and are able to understand. Sit her/him down and explain to them the actions that will occur if they misbehave. Make sure you follow thru with the discipline! That child knows they have control, they have had it for four years already. It's time to take that back. Disciplining may include: Throwing a fit at the store- leave- do  not return when the say they will be good and DO NOT reward them by buying something for them when they are. That is only contributing to it. Make rules before going to the store. Such as:"we are going for apples. Nothing more." As for at home? If misbehaves, start with a warning,just one. After that start taking things away. Remove a favorite toy for 1 day or as long as you see fit. It'l be hard to change the behavior, but start by changing yours with the spoiling and things will get better in time.
    Good luck!

3. somethingmagical profile image53
    somethingmagicalposted 7 years ago

He hasn't been being spoiled for about the last year or so and we do follow though on all discipline. The child is down to 2 toys in his bedroom and I am broke from leaving him home with a sitter while we do fun things. He is my third, so I do know how not to spoil children, my other two (10 and 8) are angels! But there was a very bad loss of his father a few months after he was concieved. And yes, they all three had the same dad.

We don't have an issue with purchasing him things, that really isn't an issue. It is more hi attitude.

4. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Duct tape? If NASA can use it on the moon rover - it can be used in this situation smile

NASA does have a procedure for somebody nutting up in space and it does involve duct tape. Ahh a million and one uses .....

working