jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you think teenagers are more likely to be crime victims than adults?

1. Sassypoetic profile image60
    Sassypoeticposted 7 years ago

Why do you think teenagers are more likely to be crime victims than adults?

2. indefatigable,pen profile image60
    indefatigable,penposted 7 years ago

It all depends on whats considered a crime, by your own definitive. "We perish for a lack of knowledge."

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Most teenagers  are gullible,  unsuspecting ,believe others easily and fall into traps. Just doing thing on impulse unlike adults may be another likely cause.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

You already have a couple of good answers here, but I'd just like to add that teenagers are often more likely to be victims of a crime because on average they socialize a lot more. While many adults will happily spend an evening at home with their spouse or favorite pet, teenagers are more likely to want to leave the house and spend time with friends and in public places. A lot more people have access to those roaming the streets than to those tucked away in the comfort of their own homes.

5. epearson profile image59
    epearsonposted 7 years ago

I agree with sofs, teenagers are more trusting.  You can also say more naive.smile  I believe as we get older suspicion sets in.  We learn from our mistakes.  Teenagers don't exhibit patience, and that is key for someone is looking to scam a person.

This is my two cents, but the other answers are pretty solid too.

working