jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

At what age do babies usually get their first haircut?

1. Twins Mum profile image69
    Twins Mumposted 7 years ago

At what age do babies usually get their first haircut?

My twins are a year old now and we still haven't gone near a pair of scissors.  Advice?

2. MartieCoetser profile image89
    MartieCoetserposted 7 years ago

It depends on their type of hair. My daughter had her 1st cut at the age of 5, and my son was 14 months when I HAD to cut it for it was not too long, but too thick. As longs as you can handle it and the kids look civilized, why not leave it as it is?

3. evilia_lim profile image59
    evilia_limposted 7 years ago

As asian like me, we have a tradition to get the baby the bald head at one month old, its not a must to get the bald though, as long as we do cut a bit of hair will do.  My baby has first bald head at 5 month old. Some opinion say the haircut is too boost more hair growth, so it will grow more afterwards.

4. Twins Mum profile image69
    Twins Mumposted 7 years ago

It does look really cute, but you might also use the word straggly, as though they┬┤ve spent a week at a festival, so not very civilised.  It's interesting as Asians tend to have really nice thick hair, maybe their policy is a good one.  Thanks!

5. Rastamermaid profile image74
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

I think boys around 1 year of age. Not sure about girls,when I was growing up,I wasn't allowed to cut my hair. I was finally allowed to do as I wanted in high school.

working