jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do most parents believe in teens listening to iPods daily will cause mild hearin

1. Shadows_Joker profile image58
    Shadows_Jokerposted 7 years ago

Do most parents believe in teens listening to iPods daily will cause mild hearing loss?

I'm reading a local newspaper, "Teens lending damaged ears." Matthew Brady, 17, of Foxborough, Mass., poses in his home while wearing earphones. Brady, who has mild hearing loss, used to listen to an iPod with the volume turned up while running on a treadmill.

2. SIJO1 profile image72
    SIJO1posted 7 years ago

I have 2 teenage boys and they have headphones in all the time probably so they cant hear mum and dad telling them whats what!!! But seriously if you can hear the lyrics from the next room then yes of course it will damage their ears. But again its down to moderation if you have music blasting in your ears for a long time over a long period of years then damage is inevitable.It is no different to working with power tools now adays you have to wear ear protectors because of the damage the noise can do to your ears.

3. camlo profile image90
    camloposted 7 years ago

Yes, listening too loud will cause damage.
    I've already lost some of the hearing in my left ear, because I've been listening to very loud music over headphones for years. I still can't resist doing it - quiet just doesn't give me the kick I need from the type of music I like to hear ... but how much longer will I be able to hear it at all?
    If parents don't believe it, they should.

4. tbirdzig profile image50
    tbirdzigposted 7 years ago

It is not going to cause hearing loss unless they turn it all the way up really loud. But yes it will cause mild sometimes major hearing loss I keep my ipod on half max..

But that is just me

Hope it helps

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Could be major hearing loss.  Evolution in action.

6. justom profile image67
    justomposted 7 years ago

Blah blah blah, they've put this bull out since I was a teen (60's). I listened to my headphones loud and went to 100's of concerts and my hearing is still just fine. Our saying around here is "If it's too loud you're too old". Crank it up!!