jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you, as a man like to be present when your wife is giving birth to your fi

1. Mistress of Spice profile image38
    Mistress of Spiceposted 7 years ago

Would you, as a man like to be present when your wife is giving birth to your first born?

2. Jason R. Manning profile image84
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

I can do you one better, I was in the water with my wife supporting her while she performd a water birth for our first born.  It was fascinating, and a little gross being in the same water during the afterbirth. Once in a life time experience though.  I highly recommend it.

3. Daddy Paul profile image71
    Daddy Paulposted 7 years ago

Why would any man want to miss the experence?

4. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

Oh YES... I was there for both births of my son and then my daughter. I wouldn't miss that for the world. There was nothing in the world like it.

We were together during conception and should be together during birth.!!
    This is what a great marriage is and should be. To share in life and experience the wonderful things that life has to offer all of us.

5. weholdthesetruths profile image59
    weholdthesetruthsposted 7 years ago

I was.  I was there for all of our children's births.   To prospective fathers... Know what your role will be.   Are you coach?   Are you just support?  You need to know that BEFORE you go to the hospital, and then you need to be able to adapt, because events during the birth process can be utterly unlike your rehearsal, and you're going to need to fit in or maybe even stay out of the way.   This even will NOT be about you, no matter what, don't try to make it that.

6. Syrusv37 profile image87
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

I am so far away from having children, but I know right now that I want to be their with my wife when she gives birth .There's no way I would ever, ever miss that. I don't care how "gross" it is. I want to be there for my wife, and I want to be there for my baby.

Closed to reply