jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What's the Best way to Discipline Kids?

1. iamalegend profile image73
    iamalegendposted 7 years ago

What's the Best way to Discipline Kids?

2. linky2010 profile image61
    linky2010posted 7 years ago

First of all be patient. Second don't spank them too much and the most important of all, communicate with them. Explain to them why is it good or why is it bad; why you don't have to do this and why you have to do that.

3. mache de la torre profile image59
    mache de la torreposted 7 years ago

look them straight in the eyes and tell them what they've done wrong.  Make it known to them what is proper and what is not.

4. Victress In All profile image74
    Victress In Allposted 7 years ago

The worst thing to do is punish a child when angry and agitated.  I believe there is such golden middle when you punish with love, explaining them what they've done wrong. After that is done, it is an absolute must to show them love with hugs and kisses.

For me, time-outs work the best -my kids do not like to be isolated.  It's like jail time for them.

5. Ingenira profile image85
    Ingeniraposted 7 years ago

Understand the root of his action before jumping into conclusion that he has done something wrong.  Sometimes, they did something out of curiousity or creativity, or with the intention of capturing your attention, but not with bad intention to hurt, destroy or being bad.

6. coolbreeze profile image51
    coolbreezeposted 7 years ago

Victress In All  I agree with her. I have never had to spank my kids. They are not well adjusted in their 20s. My family me to spank my kids. I refused all I have to do is raise my voice and they will still cry. The social workers will tell you if you were beat as a kid you will beat your kids. Screw them

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

talk to them let them know why wrong is wrong

8. RevLady profile image62
    RevLadyposted 7 years ago

Assuming you mean young children, I am not sure there is a BEST way to discipline children as each child is different and have different temperaments. While I do not discourage physical discipline, I think it should be a last resort. The goal of discipline is not to punish but to teach. Perhaps, beginning with denial of privileges and so forth.

As others have pointed out it is never advisable to physically discipline a child when angry because then you become a kind of "bully" to your own child.

Also, be satisfied that the child understands why whatever teaching mechanism you use, is being used.

Hope this helps in some way. I have great admiration for all parents of young children as your job is the toughest in the world.

Closed to reply

working