jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you hide your tears of pain from you children?

1. bellawritter23 profile image77
    bellawritter23posted 7 years ago

How do you hide your tears of pain from you children?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4145939_f260.jpg

2. heart4theword profile image79
    heart4thewordposted 7 years ago

I know there were times in my life, when I couldn't hide the pain and tears from my child.  What was so awesome, was my child's compassion and love for me...helped me to stop the tears, and laugh:)  I told her thank you, for making things better...her hug and concern was healing!

3. awoodog profile image57
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

Bellawriter23, I can't hide my tears. I was told when I was young not to cry or show emotions, that it would make me stronger. What a load of crap!  A strong person shows how he feels, and isn't affraid to cry. Children have to know if Mommy or Daddy cry it's ok for them to cry and show how they feel. Hiding your feelings only end up hurting you in the end. Your kids love you and care how you are doing, just as you care for them. Thats part of unconditional love. Hang in there.

4. marksmommy profile image53
    marksmommyposted 7 years ago

totally agree with awoodog.while children shoul be shielded from some adult stuff because theyrer little minds are not able to process such complicated things.we want them to know that this world isnt perfect and people arent happy 100 percent of the time.we are humans who have feelings and sometimes were sad,etc.children are very intuitive and can pick up on a persons mood almost instantly.i tell my son that mommy is having a bad day today im kinda sad and he gives me a hyg and says its all right mommy i love you and instantly i begin to feel more optimisstic

Closed to reply

working